Monday, May 31, 2010

Coming Around

I apologize for the paucity of posts this weekend. Number one, it was busy and number two, I came down with a G.I. something-or-other last night that put me out of commission for a while. But ... I'm on the road back, have been able to keep down a little food and I have a feeling I'm going to feel better than ever. So ... let's post!

The Med-City events were held on a beautiful day yesterday. It was a beautiful sunrise.


Perfect weather. But NOT for a marathon. But I have to say that I witnessed one pretty special race yesterday, that being Paul Melby's half marathon PR (by about 7 minutes) only one short week after his marathon PR. I am so happy for him and proud of his race on a very warm day on a hilly course. You rocked it, Paul!!



(I"m going to apologize up front for the fuzzy photos ... I'm having "issues" with my camera. I think I've dropped it a few too many times.) I was Paul's pacer yesterday, complete with Melby P.R. Pace Team sign!,


 at least for the first 10 miles. At about 10, my legs started cramping. I knew they would in the heat and sure enough ... my splits tell the story: 7:01  7:22  7:19  7:11 7:13  7:07  7:26  7:24  7:10  7:34  8:23  8:38  8:46. I ended up running 1:39:32. I was fortunate enough to finish 6th overall (according to my friend Jeanne ... I haven't seen the results online yet) and got first in the F40-49 age group. One of the fun parts of the day was wearing my coral running skirt outfit. I got SO many comments on it. It's very fun, very girly and I feel good wearing it. :-) The back of the skirt has a ruffle on it, and the top has a lace inset on the back ... and that's what made me splurge on it. It's so much different than anything else I'd seen. I got it at Run N' Fun in Burnsville.


I met radio/newpaper personality Tracy McCray and her husband Joel Ott out in Byron at the bag drop table. That was very fun!!



But I think these guys had more fun than anyone else. What do you think??!!


Congrats to Kari Justin who ran her first marathon yesterday!!


And likewise to Cory Hamernik pictured with his dad, Ross.


After going back out on the course to look for friends, I ended up with 21.81 miles for the day. Given the heat, that was plenty. Then it was off to Ron Giles' post-marathon party for just a short time.

Talked with Joe and Ann Moyer ...

Kenny and Jerry ...


Steve ...

and winner of the marathon, Pete Gilman and his wife Carrie.

I couldn't stay long as my son Eric was leaving for Costa Rica. He gave himself a buzz, packed a back pack, and was off.


I am not good at goodbye's but this one seemed especially hard. His schedule and plans are pretty up-in-the-air. But I admire his adventurous spirit. If he wants to see the world, this is the time in his life to do it.

I've got oodles of pictures to post from yesterday, but will make a slideshow tomorrow. I need to get to bed. I'm still not 100% and need some rest.

Good night.

2 comments:

Kari said...

I love it when I make your blog :) Thanks Renee...you made my day. Thanks again for the awesome cookie.

Cheap Old School Runescape Gold said...

I like all your looks! So beautiful :)) Great job!
Cheap Fifa Coins