Saturday, May 22, 2010

Summer

It sure feels like summer has arrived, and it rolled in first thing this morning. We gathered at 6:20 for a few early miles before joining the rest of the runners back at the RAC. I was dripping, literally, when I got back inside. It was Pete Martin's last hurrah for his duties for the Saturday long runs after 10+ years. So we had a little thank you celebration planned for him. I made a photo collage and had it framed and presented it to him.




I also had a cake made for him ...

as did Lin. There was no shortage of treats!


Soon, we were off!!



The route was Elton Hills to Silver Lake, then optional loops through Quarry Hill and/or around the lake. We met a very nice new runner friend this morning ... Lori ... who's also running Grandma's, and it's her first marathon. I gave her my cell number so she can join our ever-growing merry band of Rochesterites in Duluth!!

Thank you Dawn Beck for staffing the water stop this morning, and staying out there for hours on end. And she provided some wonderful berry streusel bars for us. She is the chef at Dunn Bros.


After the early miles and doing both optional loop, and an extra mile with Eric Woodford I had 21.69 for the day. Good run, but on the difficult side as we aren't accustomed to the heat and humidity yet. Congrats to everyone that ran Fargo today ... Paul Melby, you rock! He ran a P.R. 3:38:41. I am VERY proud of him!! After the run, it was off to Brothers' for a HUGE and very delicious walnut pancake. :-)


Our server Ashley, who's eating for two, tried one of my raspberry muffins.


Don't forget about the Chester Woods 5K and 10 mile coming up on June 5. I believe Jim and Larry could still use some volunteers. If you can help out, please email Jim. Speaking of Jim Mason, here's what's up next for the Tuesday trail run: "We are going to take on the narly trails of Eastwood Park next Tuesday. Meet near the ballfield at 6:15PM."

Dave Duncan sent me this link to a 13-year old boy singing Papparazzi by Lady Gaga. What a hoot!!

Chris O'Brien sent me a link to some electrolytes that she's used that help with cramping. I have not tried them, but with my cramping history, everything is worth a try!

I guess that's it for today. Hope you were able to enjoy the beautiful weather today. Toodles!!

1 comment:

Team R.E.D. said...

If you're not already tied up in a run for Tuesday, I suggest you consider hooking up with mason.. those trail runs are different! no doubt!