Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hills, Hills and More Hills

Yup. It was hill repeats tonight. I wasn't exactly feeling at the top of my game after doing 1/4 miles yesterday, but I somehow managed to get 11 of them done, for about 9 miles. 3 x 9th Ave SW and 8 x 10th St SW. Good enough. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger as they say. This morning, I ran to the Y (4 miles total), lifted, and swam 45 minutes.

From Sarah Shonyo, from the P-B: Story about a woman that was attacked on the bike path near the Silver Lake Pool while running. Be careful. Be aware of your surroundings.

Ran across this on the Minneapolis Marathon and knew it had to be Sherry Boutcher. So I checked in with her. Yup! It is. Kinda cool...


Well, my third and final Fetzer volunteer extraordinaire got his blueberry pie this evening. And I hope the family enjoys it. :-) Some blueberry (or any fruit) pie tips from Renee, assuming you like my fruit pies!
  • I usually put about 1/2 tsp. cinnamon in the filling (cherry, apple, peach, blueberry, ...)
  • I put a pinch of baking powder in the crust to give it just a little lift.
  • I put a little sugar in the crust (maybe 1 Tbsp. or so, but I don't measure)
  • I use part Crisco (for flakiness) and part butter (for flavor) in the crust. They both are chilled.
Guess what? I might be going to Costa Rica in late June. Eric called and said that he thought I should come down there while he is down there. I have traveled outside the U.S. very little, so I am very excited about this possibility. I just renewed my passport last week, so I need to wait to find out when that will be processed. But Eric has already researched flights for me from MSP to Liberia, Costa Rica. $454 if I fly Tues, Wed or Thurs. Seems very reasonable to me. Stay tuned!

I'll give a mention of the 2010 RTC Grand Prix Sponsors up to this point: Running Room, Ltd., David Van Der Heyden, Attorney at Law, Olmsted Medical Center, Minnesota School of Business. Thank you to these businesses for their support of our race series!!

Mike Schmitt emailed me that Boston 2011 registration opens at 9 AM on October 18. FYI.

Sorry for the hasty post, but that's the way it goes some days. I'm running at 5:15 AM at the Y, so I'd better get to bed. More tomorrow. I promise!!

Good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep seeing you run up Fox Valley Drive on my way to work. So, really, you do hills every time you run!

~Leslie