Friday, May 7, 2010

Marthon Jitters, redux

In 24 hours, another marathon will be history. I don't like the taper, I don't like the fretting I always do before the big day, I don't like waiting around the morning of. But that's all part of the marathon deal.

Well, a good time was had by all at the Bear's Den last night. That's always the case, actually. I was among the walkers yesterday, along with Andy, Mary and Kathy. We walked over to the middle school track to see coach Tom O'Leary in action. The Byron team was really running well. Way to go team!!



Earlier in the day, I ran into Aaron Nepstad at Wal-Mart.

Later in the afternoon, I went to the presentation of a $12,000 check from Lace-Up Against Breast Cancer event given to Dr. Pruthi at Mayo Clinic. Thank you to everyone that participated in the event either as a participant or volunteer.

I spent the morning baking. Lots of stuff. Probably 100 cookies, including cookies for the race volunteers, and cookies for Kalli who's celebrating her 40th b-day tomorrow (and I hope she wins the race!), and some for general consumption by friends. And I made a new recipe ... oatmeal muffins with cinnamon sugar on top. I packed some goodie bags for the guys coming up from Rochester.



I'm going to wrap this up and do some last minute things (including hopefully taking a nap). There will be MUCH to blog about tomorrow. I can't wait to see what the morning brings ....

Cheers!

1 comment:

Team R.E.D. said...

The morning will bring great thngs!