Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Feelin' Groovy





Still feeling great after LWTM on Saturday. I ran 10.02 miles this morning. It was pretty chilly and my hands were non-functional when I got home. I could barely turn the doorknob from the garage to the house. But with the driving bass and catchy rhythms of Lady Gaga on my iPod and the heady fragrance of the occasional lilac bush, I enjoyed the run. It was just for fun and fresh air, but I did run the hill on County 22 twice, some other lesser hills and mixed in some tempo pace. A good workout. Tomorrow? The MTCM 1 Mile down Nicollet Ave. in Minneapolis. Should be a screamin' fast race ... hopefully our St. Cloud River Runners Race Team will do well.

Last night, we did the SW hills. Despite the occasional drizzle, it went fine. I did 6 repeats of 10th Ave hill which was plenty 3 days after running a marathon. I could feel the marathon mileage on repeats 5 and 6. Then it was off to Beetles for the monthly social gathering. Great attendance: 19 sociable souls (and 38 soles :-) It was a lot of fun, and full of laughter, as is always the case when this crowd gathers.






























'


I brought a big ol' cookie cake.



I used a new frosting/filling recipe from some magazine. It was super easy and tasty: butter, marshmallow fluff, confectioner's sugar and vanilla beaten for 3 to 4 minutes. As long as I'm on the subject of food, supper was a salad ...


and chicken wild rice soup.



After supper I made some rhubarb "muffins". Well, I must have filled the muffin tins too full as they didn't come out of the pan successfully ... AT ALL. But they still taste good.



Check out Jim Mason's  post about the run at Millville last night. Jim also passed along a link to this post  that he came across. Someone is taking on a new challenge, and the Chester Woods race is part of the challenge.

I'll be helping out at the Juvenile Diabetes Roll and Stroll  event on Sunday afternoon. The O'Leary family is in charge. I believe I'll be out on the course at a game station. Sounds like fun, and the weather is supposed to be better than it has been the rest of the week, which isn't saying much!!

Well, time to close this one out. Talk at you tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Team R.E.D. said...

The Runners Social is always a good time! Especially given, running is not requried!

Thanks for volunteering for Roll & Stroll ! It should be a lot of fun, while we raise a whole bunch of money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation!

Unknown said...

Hi Renee! Thanks for posting a link to my blog! I am trying my hand at a "real" trail run, yes, not just a few miles when I am out camping! I am really looking forward to the race! Happy Running!

GW2 Gold said...

thanks a lot regarding revealing. i had been seeking the like.
Cheap diablo 3 Gold
wow cd key