Monday, May 3, 2010

It's Late

1) It's late according to the clock. And I'm just starting a (short) post. Argh. Again.
2) The RTC News is ready for posting on the RTC website and it's 3 days late. My apologies.
3) It's too late to train any more for Wobegon on Saturday. Therefore, I taper.

I've been looking through my online photos and came across some from when I was a little girl. Here's one:


We had a Rochester Half Marathon meeting this evening. Productive.


I made Kathryn's rhubarb cheesecake to bring along. I posted the recipe last week. It's delicious. 4 steps, but still very easy. And very delicious. The rest will go to the hill/flats (if you're running a marathon this weekend!) workout tomorrow, Tuesday, at 5:30 at Soldier's Field (park by the memorial).

Larry Pederson brought along a pen he made. It's an age-group award for the Chester Woods races on June 5. Those races are a LOT of fun. And a very good workout.

So what did I do with my day? After work I stopped by the Y to give the guys their Cookies of the Month.

That's Steve, K.C., Jim, Don, Matt.
And Dan and Jim. I also spotted Eric Woodford by S.F. golf course. And this AM I ran into (almost literally as I was zoned out ...) Jean and Amy. After leaving the Y, I got a few groceries, made the cheesecake, did some laundry, did some mending, ... Pretty run of the mill day.

Here are Tom Woo's photos from the Spring Classic on Saturday. Thank you for taking them, and sharing them!

Here's a link from my friend Leslieto an article about an ultra ultra runner/triathlete. Ann Heaslett completed a 6.2-mile open water swim, a 261.4-mile bike ride and a 52.4-mile road run (back-to-back marathons). And she suggests running a 50K so a marathon doesn't seem so long. Unreal! What an endurance athlete. Judy Weller says she's met her.

Well, I'm going to just stop right here. I need my sleep. It's a(nother) taper week. :-)

No comments: