Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Beauty of a Day

'Twas a beautiful day today. Since I'm tapering :-), I sat on the patio and read 5 newspapers. I have one more to read and then I'm caught up. Then did some weeding. Then ... the rains came!



Just in time for us to run. It was fun to hear the Melby and O'Leary and Woo versions of the Eau Claire Marathon. I asked Tom O if he got a cash prize. Nope. A trophy? Nope. Some kind of lunch bag and a water bottle. Huh?? For third place overall?? Oh well ...

Forecast for St. Joe this weekend:
Friday
Rain. Highs around 50.

Friday Night
Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain in the evening...then partly cloudy with a chance of rain and snow after midnight. Lows around 30. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Saturday
Partly cloudy. Highs around 50.

Ya know ... I'll take it. I much prefer some snow flurries to heat. Any day. I'm sure there will be lots of stories to share next week at the Tuesday workout. We were glad to have a new face with us this evening. Noah. Far right in the photo.
 
 
Mayo track coach Brett Carroll is looking for helpers fro the Mayo Invite this Saturday or the Section 1AAA True Team Meet next Tuesday. If you can help, please email him.
 
The Rochester Half Marathon and 5K are going to have technical fabric running caps this year rather than shirts. I think it's a nice change. Hope you all do too! We have a need for a waterstop volunteer coordinator. If you are interested, please email rochesterhalfmarathon@rochestertrackclub.com

Nice article in the paper about Dr. Philippe Bauer on Monday. He ran Boston and then Big Sur the next weekend.
 
Some great sounding blueberry breads at Great Harvest this month ... Blueberry Lemon Bread, Blueberry Cheesecake Swirl Bread, Blue Ribbon Coffee Cake, Blueberry Lemon Poppy Muffin, and more! YUM!! One more blueberry pie for me to bake for my Fetzer Volunteers Extraordinaire. Noah said that the one I made him was the "best blueberry pie he'd ever had". Made my day. :-) Thanks, Noah.
 
My bleeding heart is in bloom. They're so pretty.
 
Well, that's it for tonight I guess. Until tomorrow then ...

No comments: