Friday, April 30, 2010

717

Wow. As I clicked on "New Post" just now, I see that I've posted 717 times already. Time flies ...

So tomorrow is another race day. Spring Classic 15K. I can be so not with it. I went down to Running Room this evening to register


 and ... didn't have my checkbook. Oh, bother. Didn't have enough cash. And credit cards don't work with the RTC. So ... Karla gave me my number anyway, but I owe them $16 in the morning. My bad. Check book was in another purse.

While down there, I delivered peanut butter cookies ...


to Paul, Tom and Tom for the trip to Eau Claire for the marathon this weekend.


AND ... the XS Team R.E.D. shirts have arrived. Hoo yah!! So I got that too.


This afternoon I made a blueberry Bundt cake for tomorrow for after the race. We're going to Brother's for breakfast/brunch after the race, whether we're running or volunteering. All are welcome! Please join us.

Spent the day at home today ... working on the RTC newsletter, vacuuming, washing floors, cleaned my car, swept the garage floor. Fun stuff. :-)

My friend Kathryn passed along her recipe for Rhubarb Cheesecake. It sounds wonderful and she really likes it. I'll share it here. It's been a while since I've posted a recipe.

Crust:
1 c. flour
1/2 c. butter (use 1/4 - 1/3 c.)
1/4 c. sugar

Rhubarb layer:
3 c. rhubarb
1/2 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. flour

Cream layer:
1/2 c. sugar
12 oz. cream cheese
2 eggs

Topping:
8 oz. sour cream
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

For crust: Mix flour, sugar and butter. Pat into sprayed 10" pie plate or 9" springform pan.
For rhubarb layer: Combine rhubarb, sugar and flour; toss lightly and spoon into crust. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
For cream layer: With electric mixer, beat cream cheese with sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, them pour over hot rhubarb layer. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until set. Combine topping ingredients; spread over hot cheesecake. Chill.

12 servings. (From Chickadee Cottage cookbook via Jill via Kathryn)

Time for bed. Good night. ;-)

No comments: