Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

After the fog burned off this afternoon, it turned out to be a beautiful day. Bright blue skies. Unseasonably warm temps. The perennials are making an appearance.



After a much needed little catnap, I had about an hour to play before I needed to start dinner, so I went for a bike ride.

It felt great to be riding in shorts. I could have even done without the long sleeves it was that nice out. I rode to Salem Corners and then turned south toward Rock Dell. I got to the corner where you turn south to Rock Dell after heading west for about a mile when I turned around (just past 10 miles). When I got home I had 20.25 miles. Tomorrow I think it's supposed to be nice again so I'd like to get at least to Rock Dell before turning around. Who knows ... maybe I'll even make the 42 mile loop. Time will tell.

My brother and family came over for dinner tonight. My nephew Andrew turns 2 tomorrow. (That's big sis Kaleigh.)


We had maple glazed salmon and roasted asparagus  ...


roasted potatoes ...


and fresh fruit.

Very much a meal that said "spring". French Silk pie for dessert. I was surprised that Andrew ate all his salmon. In fact, he ate everything that was served and did such a neat job of eating with silverware. : )

I've changed out the decorations in the house to the spring stuff.




After my brothers family left, I went down to Running Room to try on the fit kits for the new Tri Rochester gear. This is the mock-up:

This is what the fit kit samples looked like. I really did not like the design on these shorts!! That big black spot on the shorts just draws your eye in and it's a weird shape.  Most unattractive.

Thank goodness Chris Koch was there to help with fit advice. I was deliberating between two sizes and was ready to order the larger one. Chris reminded me that I'd be swimming in it and definitely recommended the smaller size. Happy I didn't make a rather expensive mistake.

Happy news from the Koch household ... he and Tab are expecting!! Sept. 13 is the projected due date. And they just broke ground on a house last week. Chris is thinking he's not going to be doing many, if any, tris or ultra marathons this summer other than Rochesterfest Tri. Not surprising! I am so happy for them.

Don't forget ... Team R.E.D. tomorrow evening at 6 pm at the Bear's Den in Byron. It's always a good time. Join us!! 2, 4 or 6 miles. Run or walk. Choose your pace.

My friend Cindy from Sartell (St. Cloud area) is running the Fetzer. Hip, hip, hooray!!

OK. It's high time we met Roger Heil!! Here's 20 (Or So) Questions from Renee ...


What's the last movie you watched? Up
Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket? Yes. (Fastest he's ever driven ... 'about 110' in a GTO.)
Ever been skydiving? No
Do you play a musical instrument? No
Any tattoos or piercings? No
Ever broken a bone? No
What was your first car? A 1949 Dodge.
Favorite running shoe? Asics
Favorite cookie? Chocolate chip
White or dark meat when eating poultry? Dark
Where were you born? Rochester. He's never lived anywhere else.
Favorite indulgence food? Chocolate covered nuts
Favorite fruit? Peach
Favorite pizza topping? Pepperoni. Favorite pizza joint: Mr. Pizza or Valentino's.
Favorite TV show? Andy Griffith (Barney Fife/Don Knotts was his favorite character)
Favorite nut? Cashew
Coke or Pepsi? Coke
Middle name? Steven
How many siblings? Eight. He's smack dab in the middle.
Laptop or desktop at home? Desktop
Hobbies? Woodworking. And shooting. But not shooting Andy Hemenway (see yesterday's post)
Do you sleep on your back, tummy, or side? Side
Google, bing or Yahoo? Google
Have you ever been skinny dipping? Yes. (I believe he said it was at Quarry Hill when they used to have a swimming hole.)

U 2 could be subject to the 20 ?s drill!! I'm going to start carrying them in my purse. If anyone has any questions you'd like to suggest for me to use, please send them my way.

Happy St. Pat's Day!! Cheers.

No comments: