Wednesday, March 31, 2010

First Tri of the Season

Sort of. Just a quick post before I dash off to book club ...

I started the morning with a 5:15 AM run with Lisa and Bruce. What a beautiful morning. If I'd have grabbed my gloves, it would have been perfect. My hands were cold. And I felt feisty. After doing hills last night, I didn't think that would be the case. Maybe it was that bug I swallowed. (That will teach me to keep my mouth shut!) So this turned into one of the speedier Wednesday runs we've had in a long time. When we turned off Viola Road to return to the Y and Bruce was continuing on home, he said, "That was fun." :-) Yeah, I pushed it. On Elton Hills Drive by the river I heard my name. Shaun Palmer was running under the bridge. At Soldier's Field, we ran into Randy McKeeman who was finishing up a run with John and Jean. Back at the Y, I hopped into the pool for a swim before running home. Morning mileage: 13.51. A very good run.

This afternoon, I sat on the patio reading the paper while my pie crust was cooling. (I made a strawberry pie for book club.) I decided to lay down on the picnic table (I haven't gotten the furniture out yet) and I actually dozed off. On that hard table. Mid-afternoon I decided it was just too nice not to go for a bike ride. 77 degrees. Negligible wind. Hazy sunshine. Wonderful for 3/31. So I rode 30.39 miles (out to highway 30 through Salem Corners and Rock Dell). By far the best ride I've had yet this year. I tried to use the panoramic feature of my phone camera. Matt's quite good at it. I'm not.


This was supposed to be a view of the countryside from the intersection of highway 30 and county 3. Ha.

I'm feeling pretty fit. I just hope I can ride this wave right into "Baastin". But with the weather they've been having out there, we just might be riding a wave on marathon day ...

LaRee just stopped by. She bought a brand new tri suit for her first tri on 4/11 and blew out the zipper. So I'm going to fix it for her. I'm very excited for her! She's been training hard.

Time to dash off to book club. Later.

No comments: