Friday, March 19, 2010

Follow-Up

More news from Team R.E.D. As a follow-up to last night, and Tom O's post ... yes. There was a discussion about running skirts. I will unabashedly give you more info. Tom thought that maybe some "running skirt etiquette" or instruction might be in order. And Paul Melby was all to willing to help out where needed. I hear about it when I wear a running skirt/dress ("Renee! You look like a girl!) and I hear about it when I don't wear one (like last night). Go figure!!

Also as of last night, the Girls of Team R.E.D. have something up our sleeves. Actually, sleeves aren't a part of what we have in mind. But I am TOTALLY having fun with this, even though it's still all in my mind and at Ann's house. Ann and I will start collaborating next week. The timing of the unveiling of our idea will be ... a surprise! Show up at Team R.E.D. each and every Thursday and you won't miss out. And you won't be sorry. I can assure you.

Saw my first robin yesterday. And a cardinal. And a bluejay. While I was sitting on the patio talking on the phone. The birds were just singing away. They were apparently enjoying the day as much as I was.

I purchased 4 x $10 Brothers gift certificates today for $24. A bargain! They're leftovers from the KWEB on-air auction. I got on their email list when I purchased something a while back.

This morning I ran down to the Y. The temps and wind chills were sure a lot lower than they were last night. Brrrrr..... Supposed to be cold and blustery tonight, too. Anyway, I saw two other runners on the way down. I greeted each of them. No reply. One of my hot buttons. I don't understand the silence ... I had a very good swim today. For the first time, I felt like I was "a swimmer" rather than just swimming, if that makes any sense. About 15 minutes into the workout, all of a sudden I was taking 2 less swim cycles per length of the pool. My body position must have changed slightly, or my pulls became somehow more efficient, or I don't know what. But something clicked. It was great. Best swim yet.

My friend Kelly passed along this recipe for bruleed steel cut oats. Sounds absolutely delicious. Definitely on my "must try list'.

Want to track a runner at the Boston marathon? Text RUNNER to 31901. I might track myself just for kicks and giggles.

Busy weekend. I'm off to St. Cloud shortly. Meeting some friends up there for dinner at G. Allens in Sartell. Then a long run and breakfast afterwards at Brigittes. Then home to attend Kathryn's vernal equinox party (actually a cookie eating fest in disguise). Then to Winona for Matt's concert (Winona Oratorio chorus). Sunday, I'll bake bread and a dessert for a LUABC meeting. Then ... the weekend will be over. : (

Well, I'd better wrap this up and get some other things done. Good to talk at you!

Toodles.

No comments: