Friday, August 20, 2010

Worthless

That's what I am today. Pretty much WORTHLESS. I only got an hour of sleep last night (somewhere around 1:30 AM until 2:37 AM and that's all she wrote). Somehow I managed to get myself down to the Y  this morning to lift and swim for half an hour. And then it was back home to plunk down on the couch. WORTHLESS and weepy. Late morning I went to pick raspberries ...

at Sterling Fruit Farm. Very nice berries. I picked 8 pints. Am going to freeze most of them because I don't need any more jam and they only last a few days fresh. I like them on my oatmeal. She said they will have berries up until frost. They are at their peak right now. I made some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies mid-afternoon.


For supper I made pasta with olive oil, garlic, red pepper, pepper flakes and basil. Yummy.


Late afternoon ... tired, still weepy, but after much reflection and soul-searching ... at peace. Now, just tired. Still at peace.

I may or may not be at the RAC tomorrow. My toe still looks bad, but feels OK. But after yesterday's run, a left high hamstring that's sore. Sunday morning I'm doing a LONG bike ride.

Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.