Sunday, August 8, 2010

Rules

My rule has been that I can consume a Brothers walnut pancake if I felt I'd run enough miles ("enough" meaning something pretty close to 20) and a "Kwik Trip chocolate-frosted creme-filled long john, straight-up, no nuts" (which I did NOT have yesterday) only if I'd run 20 miles. So I was feeling guilty yesterday afternoon about that walnut pancake (and still very full ... skipped lunch yesterday). I debated changing the "rule" so that I could have a walnut pancake if I ran a P.R. Later I decided against that, so at 3:30 or so I went back out for another run. I ran most of the way around the bottom of the hill. 5.70 slow, but not painful miles. So I got my 20 in for the day. All good. :-) Today I will run down to the Y to lift and swim and I hope to go for a bike ride this afternoon, weather permitting.

Team R.E.D. is meeting at Joe and Sara Ryan's house on Thursday. The theme for the evening is formal wear (vintage being much more fun and interesting, I believe). Anyway, I donated all my old formal wear earlier this year, so if I were to dress up, I'd have to go out and scrounge up something. After Brothers yesterday, I walked over to Goodwill and found this dress. $8. It might be possible to run in, but I'm not sure about that. I think my stride length would be shortened by about a foot. It may have to wait for the after-party. Anyway, I think it will be a fun evening.


Tuesday evening is the monthly scheduled social outing already. I can't believe it's been 4 weeks since we were last at Twigs. Anyway, I'm suggesting we go to Twigs again this month and enjoy their lovely patio. It'll be 6:00'ish if not later by the time I get there after doing hills or speedwork over at Soldier's Field. Bring your family, friends, etc. Everyone is welcome. We always have so much fun.

I registered for the MDRA 15K yesterday. It's being run next Sunday morning up in Edina. I'm going to Wicked on Saturday afternoon with friends, so I will have a little road trip in the cities next weekend. Being I'm racing Sunday I'll not be running with the RAC group on Saturday. But I think I will be able to staff an aid station. From what I hear there is still a need for assistance at all water stops that morning. If you can help out, please email Lin. And ... we still need a lead biker for the half marathon on 8/28. If you can help out, shoot me an email. And we still need lots of course marshals. And a group is needed to staff the water stop on the bike path out by the prison. Thanks much.

Quote for the day: "I get by with a little help from my friends." --John Lennon

Have a good one.

No comments: