Thursday, August 19, 2010

Busy Day

I had the day off from work today, and it turned out to be a good thing as my day was VERY full. I started out by running 1/4 miles. It was muggy again. Times: 1:30 1:27 1:25 1:25 1:25 1:24 1:27 1:24 1:25 1:26 I guess if nothing else, I am consistent. I just wish I was consistently about 3 seconds faster. With my warm-up and cool-down and recovery, it was a 9.4 mile run.

This afternoon, I made 3 skirts for some gals on Paul Melby's Divas and a Dude Ragnar Relay team. They're kind of fun. :-)


I guess the gals liked them. I look forward to seeing some pictures of them wearing them. Have fun at Ragnar!

This evening was the dedication of the new pedestrian bridge over highway 14. It's really long.

And I was surprised at how much bounce there was as we all ran across. With the concrete deck, I wasn't expecting it at all. At first I kept thought I was tripping on stuff and then discovered that it was the bridge itself moving. Lots of us commented on it. Team R.E.D. gathered for the ribbon cutting.



They had a ceremony before cutting the ribbon. The bridge is dedicated to the memory of the little girl that was killed crossing West Circle Drive on her bike with her family a few years ago.


Her little brother got choked up during the ceremony. It was pretty emotional.

The local Fox affiliate interviewed Tom O'Leary so he should be on the news this evening.


I have had a sore left big toe for the last couple of days. I think I damaged the nail bed somehow. So this evening I cut a big hole in my shoes as anything rubbing on it is extremely painful. It seemed to work just fine.


Don't worry ... these are old shoes, but they are the ones I've been wearing lately. I need to break out some new ones one of these days. Here's a pretty setting looking west from the south end of the bridge.


The flowers in my garden are finally filling in a little bit. I re-did this bed sometime in June.





The day has been long, and I am tired. Good night. ;-)

1 comment:

zbsports said...

That was a very busy day but lots of fun!!! Nice job!!!