Monday, August 9, 2010

Miserable

I just have to say ... this weather is miserable. I don't mind heat, but combined with the humidity it's been horendous. Running this summer has been downright unpleasant for the most part. I read in the P-B last week that the average dewpoints for June and July were the second highest on record. No kidding ... ?? Every time I run I end up with a pair of shoes that are soaked and unwearable for about 3 days. Yesterday's first workout: 2 mile run, lift, swim an hour, 2 mile run. Second workout: a 31.5 mile bike ride at 3:30 PM. Dew point? 78. Miserable. Dalene and Lana both said that they had their worst runs of the summer on Saturday. Today's workout: 13.3 mile run in the early AM. I thought I was going to pass out. I did 10 x Lenwood Drive hill, 16 hills total. I wasn't sure I was going to make it home. OK ... I'm done belly-aching. Almost. :-)

Douglas Trail 11 mile update ... my official time was 1:19:55. 7:16 pace. I am not happy with that. I posted the Women's Race results for Jeanne. They're on the RTC website.

Here's a link to Tom Woo's pictures from Red Wing. Pictured ... Steve Gastfield, Andy Becker, Tod Bellrichard, Sara Ryan, Cindy Lewandowski and Shannon Lindgren (St. Cloud), Tracy Becker, Jim Li, John Brown, the Ryan family.

Tonight it's Cooking Light. Yum. On the menu:

Kathryn--Bread
Margo--Wine
Renee--Watermelon Margaritas
Laura--Blueberry-Peach Cobbler
Barbara--Sautéed Arctic Char and Arugula Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette
Mary--Couscous Salad with Chickpeas
Pam--Green Bean and Tomato Salad or Heirloom Tomato, Baby Basil, and Sourdough Salad
Diane--Baba Ghanoush
 
Photos later. Guess that's it for today. Have a good one!!

No comments: