Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Much Miscellany

Lots of this 'n that to catch up on in regards to posting material. Here goes!

Yesterday's workouts: 4 mile run, lift, one hour swim. Shared a lane for a while with Judge Kevin Lund. We chatted a bit about swimming and swimmers. Afternoon workout was a 37 mile bike ride. The first 18 miles was into the wind (SW). Rode the Salem Corners, Rock Dell, ...

High Forest loop.

I had a BLAST coming back into town. I just flew ...

Yesterday evening, Jean, Mary, Connie, Sherri, Lisa and I went to Eat, Pray, Love (the movie). I enjoyed it, though it was long (2.5 hours).

We had a Rochester Half Marathon meeting on Monday evening. Thats and medals are in!

Thank you to the Harvest Classic planning committee for stepping up and staffing the last water stop. We appreciate it! We still need at least a dozen course marshals and help with packet pick-up on Saturday morning. If you can help out, please email Jean We also need a lead biker. If you are interested, please email me. Otherwise, I'm going to have to be out there leading you through Rochester ... and I'd rather not. Too much other stuff to do that morning. Thanks. Thank you to Eric and Madi Woodford who will be singing the national anthem. I made a Sam's Club run yesterday, purchasing snacks and cups for the event.

Somehow, I got it all in my Accord, but it was tight!


This weekend the Ragnar Relay takes place. I participated a couple of years ago and had a blast.


This year, Paul Melby is taking part. He's wearing the pink skirt I made him for Team R.E.D. a few months ago. What a hoot!!


The new pedestrian bridge across highway 14 ...



officially opens tomorrow (Thursday) at 6 pm and there will be a ribbon cutting ceremony. It would be great to see lots of runners and bikers there to indicate our support for such initiatives by the city. Tom O' is going to try to incorporate the Team R.E.D. activities for the evening in with the grand opening.

Saw the following on my Monday Morning Moguls run. I think it was a Volvo. These are the headlights. :-)

New at Great Harvest this month: "Basil Parmesan (Yummy savory parmesan bread infused with basil.) Oatmeal Poppy (Hearty 100% Whole Wheat bread loaded with oats and poppy seeds.) Cranberry Oatmeal Scone (Delicious scone with oats throughout and topped with a brown sugar,cinnamon, oatmeal crumble.) Ultra Healthy Muffin (Fat Free muffin made with 100% Whole Wheat Flour, oatbran, and orange juice. Made without eggs, oils, or dairy products. Amazing something this good could be FAT FREE!!) Butterscotch Pecan Muffin (Sweet Treat loaded with pecans and butterscotch chips.) Flaxseed Numnum Cookie (Flaxseeds, craisins, oats, and oatbran put a unique tasty twist on this healthy cookie!) Black Forest Cherry Muffin (Chocolaty, gooey, cherry muffin!)" I purchased a loaf of Red Pepper Swiss last week (delicious!)


and got a free Ultra Healthy Muffin with my Caring Club Card from United Way.

LaRee said to forward this to everyone I know. This is the best way to do that! HUGE Garage Sale, 8/20-8/21. 1118 4th Avenue SE, Rochester, MN Santa Bear, American Girl, Furniture, Books, Tools, Clothing, Bedding, Linens, TVs, Computer Equipment, Picture Frames, Christmas Ornaments, Sports Equipment...
EVERYTHING must go! Friday, noon-7pm. Saturday, 8am-4pm.

I think I better get something else done now. My brother and family are coming over for a belated birthday supper. Talk at you later!

No comments: