Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Meltdown

I gave the Progressive Miles Run a go this morning. Running were Tom O', Paul, Noah, and Joe.

Tom O' and Paul (Noah in the background)

Noah and his super-fast-looking helmet!

Paul's new racing shoes

I hung in there pretty well until my shoe came untied during the 7:00 mile. Then I had to bag it. The 70 degree temps (68 at the airport, 73 in town) and 96% humidity are taking their toll. My splits: 10:01 9:00 8:31  7:59  7:28  7:04 ??? (Walk/jog) The guys did really well ... I think I heard that they ran a 6:20'ish last mile. Yowza!! You guys ROCKED it!! Tomorrow morning, we (Bri, Paul, Tom O', myself and Sara) are running at 6:00 AM from the Douglas trailhead on Valleyhigh Drive. Most of us are doing our long runs that we can't do on Saturday. Tom O' is running 9 or so. Please feel free to join us if you so desire.

Tomorrow night is "formal" night at Team R.E.D., this week being hosted in Rochester by Joe and Sara Ryan. All are welcome to attend, with or without "formal" attire. Check the blog for details. I'm going to bring a couple of options ... my $8 dress from Goodwill (long'ish) and something(s) from my closet (short'ish). It's supposed to be 90 degrees AGAIN. My step-mom said that we are having warmer weather than they are in Florida.

I love flowers. Apparently, so do the deer. This ...

is what is left of the beautiful impatiens on my front stoop. :-(

Steve Corner posted on the RTC website that Vibram Fivefingers (running "shoes" that look like feet) are being sold at Lair's Shoes in the Subway. Noah was talking about his last night and he thinks they're awesome for short distances.

I can now play music on my iPod. However ... I can't turn it off. I've made some progress, I guess. :-)

Here's some info on from Gear West on a new event. I think it sounds kind of fun!


Who? Anyone with access to a bike and shoes
What? A unique (first ever) Run, Bike, Run, Bike, Run duathlon
Where? Orono School Complex: Wayzata Blvd & Old Crystal Bay Rd
When? Saturday Sept 4th (Labor Day Weekend) 8 AM
Why? A professionally run, chipped timed multisport race for $25! Why not?!

Come join us for the Inaugural "Mosquitoman Duathlon" this Saturday Sept 4th in Orono (just down the street from the shop). If you're anything like us, you're getting sick and tired of the out of control entry fees for some of these races! So we thought, are we able to put on a professionally run, chipped timed multisport race for $25? The answer is yes. Will you get a sweet techie race t-shirt? No! Will there be a giant post race smorgesborg? Heck no! Will it be loads of fun with a wide range of abilities? Oh Yeah! It's offered as both an individual race and a 2 person "team time trial" format (do the whole race with a friend). Sign up now, as we're capping it at 200!

Click here for more info and registration

SWEET 12-6 win by the Twins over the ChiSox last night. Let's hope they can pull something even close to a repeat performance this evening.

That's it for today. STAY COOL!!

1 comment:

saucony progrid said...

I love the post and the shoes too. I like the color and its style.