Friday, August 13, 2010

Formal Night

What a hoot! And so hot!! Take that any way you want it. :-) A good crowd gathered at Joe and Sara Ryan's home for Team R.E.D. last night.


The theme for the night was "formal". "Formal" came in all different flavors ...


Adam
Chippendales or was it Chip 'n Dale?

Ann
Sara
Joe
Andy
Tom O'
Mike
Steve
Chelsie
Me
Rachel and Karl-Peter
Rachel wore her actual wedding dress and veil ... and ran in them!! Bri was waiting for us on the trail about 1.4 miles into the run with some icy cold water. Thank you Bri!!


That was not her real wedding dress but something she picked up at the thrift store for R.E.D. Cute dress though.

After getting directions from Tom O', we were heading off towards the Douglas Trail for an out-and-back run or walk of varying lengths.



It was totally toasty out there. 105 heat index, real temp about 95. I didn't run in my black dress. For one thing the skirt was too narrow to stride in and it was just too, too hot. Kudos to that that ran "in costume"!! I ran 4.06. That was all I needed to get to 20 for the day (more about that in my next post). After returning from the run, we had a very nice meal and lots of laughs ... of course.




Part of the evening involved submitting anonynous answers to this question: "Name 3 Things About Yourself That No One Else Might Know" or something to that effect. And then the group was supposed to guess whose answers they were. Well, I was just stumped. I'm very boring. I'm a blogger--everybody knows so much about me already. Taking from some others ... I've never been arrested or thrown up in the back of a squad car, I didn't wrestle in high school, I've never run a 4:45 mile, I've never lived in St. Charles, I've never bungie jumped naked, ... What to write! Well, THIS is what I came up with:

1) My left foot is slightly bigger than my right (less than a size ... maybe 1/8")
2) I was born in Hinsdale, IL (yawwwwwnnnnnnn!!)
3) My fifth grade teacher was Grace Hambel

Huh?? Well that last one brought LOTS of laughter from the group. And when I think about it ... what a STUPID, non-sensical thing to write! It says absolutely NOTHING about me. So I've been pondering this question and I've come up with a few that are maybe slightly better than those ...

1) I spent the summer of 1977 (the year Elvis died--I do remember hearing the news when I was over there) in Norway with a student exchange program
2) I can't stand having a fly in the house
3) I played the french horn for a short time
4) I was a big Chicago Cubs fan growing up ... I've since switched allegiance to the Twins
5) My kids weighed more than 9 lbs. each when they were born
6) I don't like coconut, pineapple or kahlua
7) I really like to pull weeds

Still really boring, I know!! What can I say ... I am what I am. And that's enough for this blogger for this post ... time to move on to another ...

1 comment:

Team R.E.D. said...

Wow! That Formal night looked like a blast! Wait.. yes.. yes it was a blast!