Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hey there!!

Another HOT, STICKY day in SE MN. Whew!! Eric and I ventured over to Mankato this morning to watch the Vikings practice. I can't imagine what it feels like to be in full pads playing football in these temps. No wonder they were really pushing the fluids on the guys. I'll post lots of photos later. Not enough time now.

Morning workout today: 1 hour swim. Yesterday: 13.43 mile run including 10 x Lenwood Drive hill. And then the Merrihills loop. And up Fox Valley Drive. No wonder my legs are a bit fatigued today! Tomorrow AM, I'll head to Byron for the progressive run. Then come home and make an apple pie. Yum!!

Also running TC10 ... Renee Kottschade. My list of TCM/TC10 participants is getting quite long. Which is GREAT! It's gonna be such a fun day ... Speaking of marathons, if you're running Boston and want to be in on planning for a big ol' road trip (lodging, etc.) shoot me an email. Thanks!!

Thank you Mark Grimes and Bread Baker Co. for agreeing to sponsor the Rochester Half Marathon (donating lots of bread nuggets). We really appreciate it! Speaking of the Rochester Half, the price goes up $5 on the 5th. So get those registrations in!!

I stopped by the Y this morning just as Jim Parry was getting on the treadmill to run and/or walk for the next 17 hours. I'll stop by again before heading for the hills or track (haven't decided which yet) late this afternoon. Tom O'Leary is running with him from 4:45 to 5:15. I'll get a pic. :-) I hope to swing by the fair sometime today to see how my cookies fared. I'm not expecting much. I'll have to pay $3 or whatever to get inside to see if I've won a 50 cent, 75 cent or $1 premium ... or most likely, nothing at all. That's the way the cookie crumbles, though. :-)

Better get busy. More later!

No comments: