Tuesday, November 17, 2009



Well, I think I ran off some of my birthday calories this morning. Just over 11 miles. Slow, but at this time of year miles are just for fun. :-) At least I didn't fall. My knee is doing pretty well. I can run fine, but it's a little tender when I bend it or my jeans rub against the still raw skin.

Looking for another social/running opportunity? How about joining  Byron Team R.E.D.  at Bear's Den in Byron at 6pm on Thursday? I just might try it ... Off-Season Striders will run at 7:30 AM on Saturday from Panera South. I hear there were 40 at Dunn Bros. on Saturday ??? I hope we can get as many this week. That's fabulous!!

November RTC Birthdays: Joe Barrone, Heather Christy, Steve Corner, Elizabeth Casiano, Brenda Fyles (milestone), Joe Gyura, Scott Helt, Yvonne Hubmayr, Ray Hylland, Joann Johnson (milestone), Dan Lovik, Bill Nevala (milestone), Kelly O'Hara, Tom O'Leary, Sharon Riester, Renee Saxman, Pete Schommer, Tom Schreiber, Dawn Schroeder, Kendel Simon, Sherry Sonnenberg, Kathy Wangen, Mark Winter, Ryan Wyttenbach, Kristin Zhao. Happy B-Day one and all!

The November Running Room eMag is available for download and viewing. My egg bake recipe is on page 15. There's also a new Gear Guide in the back. I'm still accepting newsletter stories for the December issue of RTC News. Send them my way! Thanks!!

Fit to be Tri'd 306 Division St. in Northfield is having an open house on Thursday from 5 to 8 pm. There will be prizes given away every half hour, 10% off running shoes (if you bring in an old usable pair), and more.

Boston This 'n That: Congratulations to Etta who qualified for Boston over the weekend! She worked very hard for that one, so kudos girl!! Also, just over 2 months over registration opened, BOSTON 2010 IS FULL!!! I have my confirmation card. I know of a couple people who are majorly disappointed. :-(

Jim Mason sent me this video. This would be TOTALLY fun. Beats the Stairmaster any day. And fun besides.



Lots of deals to be had at Wal-Mart today, including:


Bananas for 29 cents/pound (cheaper than Kwik Trip!), Land O'Lakes butter for $2/pound (it's my fave ... unsalted for baking, salted for (occasional!) table use), sweet potatoes for 25 cents/pound, pomegranates for $1.25, free Chex Party Mix seasoning packets (no purchase required), Swanson reduced sodium fat-free chicken broth in a can for 45 cents, ... Anyway, I think I shopped pretty healthy. :-)

Well, I'm going to go down to the basement and work on filling the trash container for tomorrow. I'm sure there's stuff that's not needed down there. I'll do a NY post in a little while.

From a book called "Fresh-Cut Flowers for a Friend" that I got for my birthday: "A friend is someone you can do nothing with, and enjoy it." --Anonymous

Later.

No comments: