Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Beetles

Good turnout and LOTS of fun tonight at Beetles. Thank you all for coming! Roger, John, Karen, Tom, David, Lana (and son!), Tom, Mike, Tracy, Andy, Randy, Amy, Paul. And me, of course. Someone had to take pictures. :-)



They were very willing taste testers for my cookies. I brought these Viennese Punch Cookies, which contain dark rum in both the glaze and the filling. (It's an interesting recipe--you bake the scraps after rolling out the cookies, grind them up and then add rum, apricot preserves, melted chocolate, and lemon and orange zests and that becomes the filling.)




Tom O'Leary is such a hoot! Later in the evening I said something about taking a class at "that tapas place" and he thought I said "topless place". (This was after about 17 tall Guinness'!! On his part!!) I told him I'd better check in on his blog to make sure I get quoted accurately. And Paul Melby was talking about the age-graded calculators online and he said that his age-graded time in a recent race was for a 50-year old woman!! Ha!! There's ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with being a 50-year old woman!! (They were waiting for me to say that. You had to be there ... It was all VERY funny.) BTW: Paul Melby does NOT like chocolate. Un-be-lie-va-ble!!!

On the way home I stopped at Target. Got some yogurt, including these seasonal varieties which sounded interesting: Pumpkin, Eggnog and Bread Pudding.



The 5K at Yankee Stadium on Sunday filled sometime yesterday and we didn't get in. Oh, well. Maybe next time! Saved me $50 too. :-) I think we'll be seeing West Side Story on Broadway. Either that, or South Pacific.

Got the rest of the windows washed today. Yippee!! One screen needs to be repaired so I'll drop that off at the hardware store one of these days. No hurry at this time of year ...

In case you haven't seen it, David Letterman's top 10 thoughts while running the NYC marathon, with guest and marathon winner Meb Keflezighi.




RTC notes from John Shonyo: "Would like to put out a Help Wanted notice for RTC volunteers: we will have at least three openings on the RTC Board in 2010, so we are looking for folks who have a lot of enthusiasm (and some time) to fill those slots. We are also in search of a Membership Chair and a Web Master for the Club, and a race director for the Bear Creek 5 Mile predict your time run. If any of these opportunities are of interest to you, let me know and I can fill you in on the details."

Quote for the day: "You should live every day like it's your last day because one day you're gonna be right." --Ray Charles

Well, I think I'm going to run with Mark and Bruce (and maybe Lisa) at 5:15 AM, so I better get this ole body in bed. Good night!!

2 comments:

Team R.E.D. said...

All I know, is I heard what I heard! yee hawww... Tom O'

Thanks for hosting the social hour Renee!

Mike said...

Sometimes you hear what you want to hear...