Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Feels Like Friday

Don't have to work tomorrow. Going to run with friends in the morning. Has to be Friday ... but it's not. Oh, well. It'll just have to feel like two Fridays this week.

Busy day. Worked this morning, then ran to Target (not literally ... still had a skirt on!) for a few last minute items, picked up the newsletter at the printer, stopped at Rochester Cycling & Fitness (they still have the two bikes I was looking at), picked up Matt's tux at the dry cleaner, stopped at Rochester Produce, went home for lunch and got Matt and went to Verizon where we both got new phones (LG V3 or something like that--I got maroon, Matt got blue), ...




(It's MUCH more convenient for texting and has a nice big screen inside, which doesn't show up very well in the photo, and has a 3 megapixel camera) ... dropped some stuff off at our church's thrift store (still decluttering and cleaning cabinets, etc.--today I did my "Tupperware cabinet"), took Matt to the mall to get a new suit, shirt and a couple of ties, made supper (chicken enchiladas, brown rice), made pumpkin pie ...






... made apple pie (I use mostly brown sugar in the filling--nice rich taste; in an effort to reduce the calorie content, I decided to make a crumb topping with very little butter in it ... it got a little too brown) ...






...mixed up the stuffing (I like to add Craising and pecans) ...


... made the "orange fluff" (it's one of those traditions--not exactly health food, but the kids, young and old, love it--small pkg jello, small pkg tapioca pudding, 2 c. water--boil 1 min--cool--stir in 1 Lite Cool Whip and 2 drained cans mandarin oranges--chill), washed dishes twice ...


... cleaned the main floor bathroom, washed the kitchen floor. I thought about starting the sweet potatoes, but I have to save SOMETHING for tomorrw. (Actually there will also be turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans amandine, 2 kinds of rolls and if I'm REALLY  feeling ambitious, spiced pumpkin biscuits from Cooking Light. They're excellent. I think they'd be really good with the little bit of cranberry butter with port that I have left.) And now, here I sit. Blogging. And thankful. :-)

I set up the wind trainer in the basement today so that I have another (non-impact) way to burn off some calories. :-)

Congrats to Tom O'Leary who has already correctly identified the "Where Is It?" locations in the December RTC News, which has been posted on the website.

Well, I'd best get to bed. I have to get up early to make scones for an unknown number of runners at Dunn Bros. South at 7 AM. Sleep is overrated, eh?? There will be 7 that I know of. Hopefully more.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a good night. ;-)

No comments: