Saturday, November 28, 2009

20.6

I got 20.6 miles in this morning and had a wonderful time doing it. It was in the company of fellow St. Cloud River Runners, who'd gathered at Pam & Daryl's lovely home for a breakfast run. 3.7 miles of the run was a "predict your time" run with the 3 getting the closest to their predicted times getting a prize. (That's me running with Molly below. I think it's the only time Molly has run slow enough to be in the same zip code as me. :-)



 It was a beautiful morning for a run. We followed the run with lots of delicious food and lots of chatter. :-) Thank you Pam & Daryl for your hospitality and for opening your lovely home to us.



Get this--there was a gal from Ostrander (near LeRoy) up in St. Cloud visiting her in-laws and she joined us as well and introduced herself to me. She's one of my "bleaders" (blog readers). Small world!

On the way home from St. Cloud, I drive past the Albertville Outlet Mall. I had a 40% anything in the store coupon for Tommy Hilfiger. But as I drove by, I looked at the parking lot. Completely packed. Not at all interested in fighting the crowds, so I drove on home.

Now I'll back up to last night. I went with a few of the River Runners to Ciatti's for supper.


We had a very nice dinner ... (I had some kind of angel hair pasta/chicken combination)


Afterwards, it was off to the theater for the production RENT. The cast did a great job.


Now I'll back up even farther, to Friday morning. I wasn't interested in any Black Friday shopping excursions, but decided to hit the mall for a different reason. I noticed when I got home on Wednesday that I had a 15% off coupon for JCPenney sitting on the counter. Drat! I should have used it on Matt's suit purchase. I'd thought twice about going to the mall Friday morning as I expected LOTS of people there, but I went anyway to get a price adjustment. I ran there, actually, on my way to the Y. After the price adjustment, and the adjustment for the items being "doorbusters", I saved $45. TOTALLY worth running down there. Then I stood in line in the mall for a free $10 mall gift card and 1 yr. subscription to Martha Stewart Living for having "spent" $100 by noon. I was getting ready to give as the wait ended up being 40 minutes, but the closer I got to the front the less inclined I was to leave. When I left I decided to bag the swim at the Y and went home and made cookies for the River Runners instead. :-)

I found out that Mannheim Steamroller is coming to Rochester on December 19. Matt and I will go. I love their music. A lot of it is electronic, but they use some strings too. I've seen them once before and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Matt's acapella singing group Hear and Now won a talent show in WI a couple of weeks ago. Here's Matt with their "winnings" ($100):



And here's their group with some of the other talent from the show. They are ADORABLE. (All of them. :-)



Starting Tuesday, Dec 1 thru Dec 31, registration for the Med-City Marathon (May 30, 2010) is $30. A bargain. Info at http://www.medcitymarathon.com/

Tomorrow, I'll start getting out the Christmas decorations for the house. I'll post some photos. I really enjoy decorating for Christmas.

Well, it's been a full day. I think I'll call it a day.

Quote for the day: “To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.”

Good night.

No comments: