Thursday, November 19, 2009

I won, I won!!



I ran with Byron Team R.E. D. this evening. 6.04 miles starting at Bear's Den in Byron. There were a dozen or so of us. Paul Melby was the fast "group leader" and took us on a wrong turn so we got .3 miles more than the rest of the group. No problem!!! But after 10.13 miles this morning, my hammies are tired. Tomorrow it'll be back to the pool. Anyway ... when we'd gotten back to the Bear's Den, Tom produced 2 $5 gift cards and said we were going to play Rock/Paper/Scissors to determine who'd win them. Well, I couldn't remember how to play. All I could remember was that scissors cut paper and don't know if I ever knew how the rest of it went (paper covers rock and rock smashes scissors). It was single elimination and we went around the table whittling it down to the final 3. Andrew Becker lost to Meg so it was Meg and I that were the proud winners! Meg and I had a playoff to determine the "Ultimate Champion". Meg won bragging rights. :-) Go, Meg! So I used the $5 towards my raspberry chicken wrap ...


which was very good. I really wanted some french fries, but have been feeling "bulky" of late, so I went with the steamed broccoli/cauliflower/carrots instead. The butter went unused. :-)

It was a fun evening. Somehow, Tom O'Leary got on the subject of Nair'ing his chest. Interesting conversation. I think he said it took 4 applications. Something like that ... Tom is so funny.



Anyway, it was a fun group.



I'll be back! Officially they run the first and third Thursdays, but Tom said they really run every Thursday. 6:00 PM at the NEW Bear's Den (my GPS took me to the OLD Bear's Den and I left a frantic message on Tom's voicemail!) The new one is just west of the MarketPlace Foods building ... kind of hard to see from the road as it's behind another building.

Pizzas were $2 off, so a couple of those were ordered.



And one MONSTER burger!






I'm taking requests for treats for Saturday morning. It's sounding like it might be some kind of cookies with lots of chocolate in them and some pumpkin/chocolate chip/walnut bread. Sound good?? Panera South at 7:30 AM. Mayowood Bike Trail.

My knee is coming along ...



Kevin and Marissa Torgerson appeared in the latest issue of Luther magazine. They ran Grandma's Marathon together. It was Marissa's first marathon.


I think I will take a break from NY blogging until morning. It's almost 10:00 and I feel the need to retire. Here's a sneak peak at where I'll start tomorrow's post: The Doughnut Plant on the north edge of Chinatown, NYC.




Quote for the day: "STAY is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary." --Amos Bronson Alcott

Until tomorrow then ...

1 comment:

Team R.E.D. said...

and you said you never win!