Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thursday's Thoughts

Beauty of a day! I hear it's supposed to be 60 on Saturday. Gotta love that in mid-November.

Congratulations to Lionel Cheng who just completed his first ultra! Many of you might remember Lionel as he ran with us on Saturday mornings for well over a year before he went back to Singapore this summer. Such a nice guy. Read all about his ultra is his blog .

From the MTC Marathon site (they spelled Olmsted incorrectly):
Governor's Cup Challenge

Congratulations to all of the teams taking part in the 3rd Annual ING Governor’s Cup. The race is part of the TC 5K and is a way for Twin Cities Marathon, Inc. and the Governor of Minnesota to recognize the hard work that emergency responders, police, fire and ambulance workers have dedicated to our weekend of events over the last 28 years.

A special congratulations to Olmstead (sic) County Sherriff Department for taking first in challenge, with the fastest overall time! Olmstead (sic) County will recieve the traveling trophy and a brand-new AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) from Physio-Control, a division of Medtronic, to help add to their life-saving efforts.
Thank you Lisa Pelowski for the info! Kevin Torgerson was also a part of the team. I'm not sure who else, but they scored a brand new AED for the county by running so fast!!

Kit Hawkins has scheduled a trash pick-up session tomorrow (Friday) at 4:30 PM. Meet at the parking lot across Broadway from Snappy Stop. The RTC "owns" the bike trail around Soldier's Field Golf Course. Bring gloves; bags will be provided. Afterwards, head over to O'Neill's Pizza Pub for some libations. :-)

The Rochester Amateur Sport Commission puts on a banquet each year to recognize outstanding accomplishments in sports (Athletes of the Year, Coach of the Year, Team of the Year, etc.) You can nominate someone for these awards: nomination form . Awards are presented at the banquet on January 8, 2010. Last year, the Rochester Track Club was a finalist.

Today I sure got an upper body workout. I went to the Y and lifted. Also swam for 45 minutes. And this afternoon, raked the yard AGAIN and then washed more windows. I'm slightly sore ... but that's a good thing. Leg is feeling good. But I'm not going to try running yet. No need.

This evening I went down to the Nordic Shop. They had a free porcelain ornament painting thing going on. A rep from Royal Copenhagen (porcelain china) was there. So I painted my little porcelain heart



(not very well, I might add) and that was that. Didn't buy any china. :-) Or anything, for that matter.

I just made some ginormous cookies for Shaun Palmer (cookies of the month). Oatmeal/Dried Cherry/Chocolate Chunk/Pecan. They're at least 4" across.


Some brownies too because I forgot that Shaun doesn't like nuts (but he gives most of the cookies away--such a nice guy).

Tomorrow I'm going to check out the new triathlon store in Northfield--Fit to be Tri'd. He's got the 2XU calf compression sleeves that I can't find anywhere else.

Yesterday my hairdresser told me about someplace in the cities she likes to eat: Psycho Suzi's If nothing else, the name sure is an attention getter! I'll let you know what I think if I ever stop by.

Quote for the day: "Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I may not forget you." --William Arthur

Peace.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh, yes, Psycho Suzie's is very fun- great pizza and they serve tiki drinks.

I went there several times when we lived in Minneapolis.