Friday, November 6, 2009

Fabulous Friday

Finally some nice, fall weather. It was a beautiful day. I wish I were running. I'm thinking about trying it tomorrow morning, but I'll see what the morning brings. I might be on the Stairmaster, but I'll be joining the Off-Season Striders at Panera South for socializing, whether or not I run. I just tried a new chocolate chip cookie recipe. Nothing special, but they're edible. I probably won't make them again, though. BTW: The run starts at 7:30. I'll be there 8:15 or 8:30'ish. Then maybe I'll scoot over to Mayo H.S. and see how the Bear Creek 5 is going. The weather should bring a good turnout for that one. Then hopefully after that I'll get the rest of the windows washed on the house. That will be a good job done. Matt has another band concert tomorrow night in Winona. It's looking to be a full day.

I ventured up to Northfield today and checked out the new triathlon store: Fit To Be Tri'd


for some 2XU Calf Guards (compression leg sleeves). It was the only place in southern Minnesota that I could find them. I guess they're wildly popular as everyone is sold out. I hope they're of some benefit to me. Dave Clements said they seemed to held him during TCM this year. We'll see how it goes. The owner, Tom, has a nice shop.





Also stopped in a shop called The Rare Pair A nice selection of very comfortable looking shoes and clothes. Fun place to look around.

Before leaving town, I went into Just Food Co-op



I looked around ...


and said hello to my friend Kathryn's son Andrew who works there. Another fun place to browse! Great little town, Northfield.

When I got home, I just had a few minutes to regroup and head down to Soldier's Field for trash pick-up. Thank you Kit Hawkins for organizing it and to Jean Murray, Roger Heil and John Dinusson for helping. When we were done, Jean, Kit and I headed to O'Neil's for some liquid refreshments.


It was fun to sit and talk marathons and other things. :-)

Well, I guess that's all the news I have for today. Hope to see some of you in the morning at Panera.

Good night!

No comments: