Sunday, November 29, 2009

10-1

36-10. 392. 3. 537. 31. 169.

Whoo hoo!! The Vikes are now 10 and 1. Today's score against the Chicago Bears: 36-10. (I'm from Chicago but have pretty much always been a Vikings fan). Favre threw for 392 yards and 3 TDs. The offense netted 537 yards and 31 first downs. The defense allowed only 169 net yards. Great stats!! :-)

My morning (into afternoon) workout: run to the Y, lift (for whatever reason, lifting was easy today), swim for an hour (including about 10 minutes of chatting with Ed Younk), then ran home. Legs felt good. I almost went out for more miles but decided to wait until tomorrow morning instead. Ed asked how my swimming is going: I swear I'm getting slower every time I get in the pool. Too many things people have told me to do: swim "long", swim "down", bilateral breathing, legs together, elbows high. I just get overwhelmed. Once in a very short while, I'll have about 10 meters where I feel like I have everything together and am moving fairly quickly, but it soon passes ...

A couple instances of it being a small world from yesterday in St. Cloud:



Kari Justin introduced herself at the breakfast run. She was there visiting in-laws and she reads this blog. :-) I know I'm repeating the story, but wanted to include her photo and name.



Gary K. said that his girlfriend's brother is from Rochester and Gary asked him if knew a Renee Saxman. Well, small world. He does indeed! It's Lyle from the Y!! (And IBM, but I know him from the Y). He also pours wine for Andy's Liquor and have seen him there once. It's a small world after all. ... it's a small world after all, ... I'm finding it hard to be anonymous.

Tomorrow (Monday) at the Y; 4:30 to 5:30 there will be a member of the Harlem Globetrotters there doing something or other with the kids. It's free and open to the public.

Also tomorrow, the FINAL RTC News assembly line (short one this time) at my house (2026 Kal Lane) at 6:30 PM. Cookies for one and all. Please come! We should be done in less than an hour with this one.

I've been reading snippets from the manual for my new phone. There's NO WAY I'm going to remember all this stuff. It's amazing what that little thing can do. It's pretty fun, actually. LG enV3.




You have until the end of December to nominate someone for an RRCA (Road Runners Club of America) award. Nominations are done online and it just takes a second. Awards include: Spirit of the RRCA, Hall of Fame, Outstanding Club President, Road Runners of the Year (Open and Masters), Journalism (newsletter and writer), Outstanding Volunteer, Outstanding State Rep, Outstanding Youth Director, Outstanding Beginning Running Program, Road Race of the Year, Website. Please consider submitting a nomination (or two).

The Christmas decorating seems to be a slow go this year. I'm purging the house of more "stuff" in the process. But I'm making a little progress. I put up my little Norwegian tree:



and my Candle in the Window version of a log cabin quilt.



Hopefully I'll finish tomorrow. Until tomorrow, then ...

1 comment:

KJ said...

I had a feeling I'd make your blog :)