Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Terrific Tuesday

Finally it was a nice day outside. And what did I do?? Spent a good part of it exactly where I'm sitting right now. In front of a computer monitor! Doing mostly 3 things: 1) writing a newsletter story (for both RTC News and the St. Cloud River Runners' newsletter), 2) making updates to the Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon website http://www.lakewobegontrailmarathon.org/ and 3) handling emails from St. Cloud folks, mostly race directors. I'd suggested to their club president, Arvid, that I'd be willing to contact race directors to see whether they might be interested in donating free entries to their events (or gift cards for their businesses) to be given away (via drawing) at the River Runners banquet in January. The response has been overwhelming. I now have a list of 30 freebies to be given away--mostly comp entries for running races, but a few gift cards and even a few triathlon/duathlon entries. It's been great! I'm excited--can 'ya tell??

Late in the afternoon I decided I need to get outside and enjoy some sunshine as it's VERY likely to disappear soon, the way this month has gone. So I raked up 10 more bags of leaves. And I know that's probably not the end of it. Then I went to Hancock Fabrics to get some hook & eyes so that I can make some gaiters tomorrow. Then I went to Leann Zubay's wonderful new establishment: ZZest, across from Apache Mall on 16th St SW in the space formerly occupied by Avocadoes. It's a foodie's dream store! Open Tues-Sat, 10-8. So much fun stuff. Sometime in November they will be offering soup & sandwiches. You've got to stop by!



I picked up a couple of things: A DRY rhubarb soda, some Cranberry Butter with Port, and some butter made with the milk used to make Parmegiano Reggiano cheese. Leann said the butter is very good--ultra creamy. I'll have to make some bread and try it out.


I found out today that my sister Alison will be joining me on my little trip to NY in November. I'm excited! She lives in the Chicago area where we grew up.

After dinner I made 2 batches of Pepper Jelly (10 1/2 jars).



It's made with both sweet and hot peppers. I've still got quite a colorful collection from the garden.


 
This morning I ran down to the Y and swam and lifted. Leg feels fine, but I think I'm about done running before the marathon this weekend. I'll probably swim again on Thursday and then call it quits ...
 
Off-Season Striders will be running from Dunn Bros. on Elton Hills Dr. NW on Saturday at 7:30 AM. Here's a link to the map of the route: http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/mn/rochester/453096741
 
Well, it's 10:45 and I've had a full day. I'll wrap this one up and call it a day.
 
Quote for the day: "Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today." --Abraham Lincoln 
 
Good night.

1 comment:

buy fifa coins said...

such a wonderful discover -- cannot wait around to determine that which you 2 develop!


Buy FIFA 15 Coins
lol欧服代练