Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dreary

Dreary. Wet. Cool. That's what today's weather brought us. I'm glad I got my run in early this morning, finishing just as the rain began in earnest. I've sure noticed the decrease in daylight hours ... at both ends of the day.

I spent much of the afternoon and evening just getting "stuff" done. And it feels great to get those things off my Things To Do List. I registered for the Boston Marathon. So, it will be another winter of marathon training ... but I'm not complaining. Got some more Rochester Half Marathon T-shirts ready to mail. Paid some bills. Vacuumed. Did laundry. Gave Dan my November availability for Running Room. Requested food donations for Lace-Up Against Breast Cancer. Worked some more on the Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon website. Click on the photo below if you want to see it up close. It's just a screen capture of my monitor so you can't even see the whole home page, but you get the idea ...



When it goes live it'll be at http://www.lakewobegontrailmarathon.org/ All I've got left are the photos. I'm coding it directly in html since it's a pretty basic site. Satisfying, though.

John Resman could still use more help at the Section 1A cross country meet on Thursday, 10/29. It's at Northern Hills golf course. Time frame: 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM. It's always a lot of fun. I'll be there. If you can as well, please contact meet director John Resman.

Running Room news and notes: There's a sidewalk sale going on until November 1. Up to 50% off on selected spring and fall apparel. Check it out! Next week is our annual Halloween Costume Run! Come in a costume and win a prize! Also, new clinics will be starting next week. If you should choose to join the 5K or Learn to Run clinic your goal race will be the 2010 Resolution Run . What a great way to end 2009 and ring in 2010. The half marathon clinic will get you ready to run the Lace-Up Against Breast Cancer  half marathon on February 14, 2010. Not only will you be trained to get to the finish line, you will be helping a great cause!

RTC news and notes: There will be 3 openings on the board for 2010. If you would like more information or are interested in being put on the ballot, please contact the RTC president. Also, Runner of the Year nominations will be due on January 4. Nominations may be sent to the RTC president. The RTC Annual Banquet will be February 6 at Holiday Inn South. 6:30'ish (for dinner). Welcome new member Randy Quint!!

Dinner wasn't anything too exciting, but I enjoyed mine. A salad (no surprise there!) ...


some baked buttercup squash (a fave) and some leftover wild rice. Delish.

OK. It's time to find out a little more about me. Some more Q & As.

You just scored tickets to the taping of any show that comes on t.v. of your choice. You can pick between 4, so what are you deciding between?
1. This Old House
2. Ace of Cakes
3. American Idol
4. Just about anything on FoodTV :-)

You’re hungry for ice cream. I’ll give you a triple dipper ice cream cone. What 3 flavors can I pile on for ya?
1. Really good vanilla (the kind with the flecks of vanilla bean in it)
2. Chocolate
3. Mint Chocolate Chip

Somebody stole your purse/wallet…in order to get it back, you have to name 5 things you know are inside to claim it. So, what’s in there?
1. Razr phone (red)
2. iTouch
3. My trusty Canon PowerShot SD1000--I'm never without it!
4. Hand sanitzer
5. Dental floss

I'm out of news!

Quote for the day: "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." --Theodore Roosevelt

Until next time ...

No comments: