Wednesday, October 7, 2009

End of the Season

To everything, turn, turn, turn,
There is a season, turn, turn, turn, ...

And it is the end of the season. Gardening ...




I pulled a couple of stalks of Brussels sprouts this evening. 2 left, one promised to Mike Schmitt. They're an interesting plant. I cleaned out some of my perennials this afternoon, brought in my potted herbs and emptied out my flower pots.

Running ...

It's taper week. I've gotten in 8 miles this week and feel like a fat, sluggish, beached whale. But that's the nature of marathon taper week. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. And that's little of nothing.

Here's my finish line photo from TC10 on Sunday. Miracle of miracles, it's a decent picture. And after running 10 miles my hair isn't all weird. :-)


Did you know ... that every year the Stewartville cross country team runs the (football) game ball from the opposing team's home to Stewie before the game? They've done it for years and I think it's a very fun tradition. :-) This year they're running it from Byron.

I bought an iTouch today. Fun little gadget I must say! I don't have a laptop or Blackberry-type device so didn't have any way to get online while not sitting at home at my desktop. So this little gadget is pretty fun. Just what I need ... something else to suck up my some more of my free time.

Tomorrow I'll do my baking for Whistlestop. One thing I'll make for sure is pumpkin bread with chocolate chips and walnuts. And cookies. I haven't decided what kinds yet. Something with chocolate for sure!

Thought for the day: An apology is a good way to have the last word.

GO TWINS!!

No comments: