Sunday, October 18, 2009

NY, NY

Just a quick little post tonight. It's late. I'm tired.

I'm going to NY!! Yippee!! November 12 to 16 as a celebration (?) of my last birthday as a 40-something. Gulp .... I'm going to visit my friend Kelly.



She and Ben are out there on assignment for IBM, living in Croton on Hudson. Their house is RIGHT on the Hudson River. Kelly said NYC should be decorated for the holidays by that weekend. I might have a friend or two going with me. Stay tuned. I also have my plane tickets for Boston for the 2010 marathon. Still have to register for the race, however.

I noticed today that I still have a 1/2" blister on the side of my toe from a stone in my show after Whistlestop. Doesn't hurt though. I ran 17.15 miles yesterday afternoon late. I just haven't had any issues after this marathon. About one day of slight soreness, but that's about it. Counting the 1.5 miles in the early am, that made it 18.65 miles for the day. I'll take it. What I'd like to get rid of is this cough. I think I've had the cold for about 3 weeks, the cough for about 1 1/2. When I finished running yesterday I coughed for about an hour. When I finally got myself to bed around midnight (I stayed up w-a-a-a-a-a-y too late working on a the Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon website redo) I coughed for about an hour. So tonight I ran out for a cough suppressant in hopes that I'll sleep a little better.

Went over to Winona today to see the production "Two by Two" at WSU. Matt was playing trumpet in the pit. It was a cute play and they did a good job. Music was great. :-)



Afterwards it was a quick sandwich at the Acoustic Cafe as Matt had an acapela ensemble rehearsal at 7:00.



New Tri store in Northfield: My name is Tom Bisel and I am getting ready to launch a new multisport store in Northfield, MN. In about a week I will be opening the doors to FIT to be TRI’d. I will be specializing in running shoe and apparel, cycling apparel and accessories, and swimwear along with nutritional products. In addition to the retail side of the business I also will be offering educational classes, training seminars, and introductory training for those new to the multisport lifestyle. I was looking for help in getting the word out and possible ways for me, as a business, to partner with your club. You can check out my website in progress at http://www.fittobetrid.com/.

Quote for the day: "The thing about dreams is sometimes you get to live em out." --Payne Stewart



Good night!!

No comments: