Saturday, October 31, 2009

End of D.S.T.

Just a reminder ... daylight savings time ends sometime between now and tomorrow morning.  Set your clocks back one hour tonight before you go to bed. It's going to feel like a 10:00 AM start for our body clocks at the marathon in the morning. I'm not sure if I like that or not ...

Well, today was an off day (exercise-wise). So I made two batches of cookies and cleaned the downstairs refrigerator.


I have a hard time just sitting still. A REALLY hard time. The fridge looks fab.u.lous.

Congratulations to 8th grader, and RTC member, Ian Torchia for qualifying for the state cross country meet from section 1A. He's only the second 8th grader to qualify for state from the section, the other being Pat Lehman from Plainview. He's in good company.

Peg says the asics 2150s will be in at Running Room on Monday. Whoo hoo! There are lots of new clothing items and new SmartWool socks. Fun stuff.

I think today might be the last day, but if you buy a large specialty pizza at Nick 'n Willy's, you get a free pumpkin (pepperoni) pizza.


The specialty pizza is going to be my marathon finish reward when I get home. A Lil' Nell's Chicken BBQ. My fave.

Well, unless you've been living in a cave, or totally don't care, tomorrow is THE GAME. I think this one might have gotten more hype than even the super bowl. It's the Pack v. the Vikes at Lambeau field, with Favre at the helm for the VIKES. Not.To.Be.Missed.

More, much more, tomorrow. Soon I'm off to Norwalk.

Toodles!!

1 comment:

laura said...

To me the biggest athletic event of the day was the New York City Marathon. It was truly an inspiration to see Meb Keflezighi win the race- first American to do so since 1982. He is a class act. See this article http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/david_epstein/11/01/nyc.marathon/