Wednesday, October 14, 2009

300 First


Tonight's agenda? Dinner with good friends at 300 First.


That's me (in my new favorite sweater ... AGAIN!), Jean, Ann-Kristin and Laura. Guess who sat at the table behind us? You'll never guess ... but it was Walter Mondale. Credit Laura with the initial sighting. We all started with a glass of wine (2 had White Zin and one had Merlot) and Laura had this bubbly Pomegranate Martini (I think!).


I had the maple-glazed salmon, which was delicious. It came with a scoop of potatoes and creamed corn.


For dessert, Laura and Jean shared a piece of Mocha Silk Pie.


I brought cookies to go for them. :-) After we left, I got some veggies out of my trunk for Laura. Brussels Sprouts, peppers and beets. She was happy!


I've got almost 35 coming for the Breakfast Run on Saturday. I can't wait!! If you'd like to join us, please do. 7:30 AM if you want to run (not everyone is), or any time after that. 2026 Kal Lane SW. Bring your friends!

I ran 4 miles today, down to the Y to swim and then back home. Legs feel great. Not the usual post-marathon soreness. I did the same on Monday, actually. I haven't lifted in 2 weeks. What a slug.

Cheerio!!

No comments: