Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday

Quick post before Ace of Cakes at 9:00 on the Food Network. Must see TV in my (cook) book!!

If you are willing and able to help assemble the RTC newsletter on Sunday at 2:00 PM at my house, please let me know. If no one is able to help, my son Matt is going to get recruited. I'm sure he'd love to spend a few hours of his spring break being of service to the RTC. : )

Triathlon training: I got on the bike again this morning. With (relatively) fresh legs, I wanted to see if I could go farther in one hour today than I did yesterday, which was 17.42 miles. Today, 19.02. I was happy with that. After running errands all afternoon, I really wanted to get out and run being the temps were mild. I'd planned to do my usual 7.2 mile route, but was feeling really good and it turned out to be 11.08 miles. It's the best I've felt running in quite a while. And it included 2 trips up Fox Valley Drive and 3 times up and over Historic Hill on county 22. Sightings: Jim Hannon, 4 unknown runners, Randy Quint, Amos and Barbara Kermisch (Barbara is in my cooking group and book club) and Matt Kujawa walking his dogs. After that run felt like I earned a hunk of Irish Baked Potato bread. Tomorrow AM, back in the pool. Segue to G.H. ...

I stopped at Great Harvest today for a loaf of Irish Baked Potato bread. It's quite good. It's like a loaded baked potato. From their eNewsletter: This bread looks exactly like a giant stuffed baked potato. It has real roasted potatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon, chives and black pepper. It's available Tuesday and Thursday in March. Also, the ever popular Guinness & Gouda is back and is available Wednesday and Friday.

Jim Benike, ultra runner, sent along this photo today. He's in Anguilla until the 16th and will be unavailable for cookie pickup on Monday at the Y. Bummer, dude. But enjoy that beach!


Speaking of cookies, I think I'll try a new Chocolate Chocolate Chip cookie recipe for after the long run on Saturday. It's from an old issue of Cook's Illustrated. BTW: The run starts at the RAC at 7:15. I think it's about 15 miles this week if I remember right.

Well, time to join Duff Goldman and his merry band of cake decorators. They're amazing.

Thought for the (drizzly) day: "Friendship is a cozy shelter from life's rainy days."

Adios.

No comments: