Sunday, March 15, 2009

I Tried the Tri!!

Sunday morning brought my inaugural dip into the world of multi-sport events. And on very tired legs, I might add as yesterday's run total was 18.57 miles including a 5K race.

The Rochester Family Y held an indoor triathlon with long and short courses. I elected to do the long course as it was pretty much the same distance as the sprint course for the Rochesterfest Triathlon on June 28 which will be my first "real" triathlon. Today we had a 1/4 mile swim, 10 miles on the bike and 3.2 mile run. My times: 10:53 swim, 30:21 bike (19.7 avg speed), 24:32 3.2K run (7:39 pace). I was pretty pooped on the treadmill, let me tell you. After yesterday, these legs did not have much in reserve. But I did my best. And it was good enough for 2nd place overall (guys included--no gender specific awards). So today I came away with a voucher for a 30-minute massage with Deb Canon, massage therapist at the Y, and the silver medal. After church, I promptly took a nap!! KAAL TV was there doing a spot and the reporter said it should be on the 10PM broadcast this evening. Also look for it to be uploaded to their website in the next few days. They usually post the local interest stories.



After my nap, I went for a brisk 3.6 mile walk. There were things needing to be done indoors, but it was just too nice a day to stay inside so a walk was definitely in order. While walking, my brain on autopilot was trying to tell me to run instead, but my legs were saying "No way! Don't even think about it!" so walk it was. :-)

Well, I've had enough posting for today. It's time for a break. I'll save the miscellany for tomorrow. :-)

Sleep well.

1 comment:

roentgen said...

Wow, your weekend was certainly packed to the brim! Congrats again on the great performances for the tri and the 5K! :)