Monday, March 2, 2009

Getting Ready to Head North


Well, today is my last day in Florida. Yesterday was a pretty miserable weather day. Cold (50's), windy, wet, humid. I know it's humid when my hair turns TOTALLY frizzy, which it was yesterday. Today the sun came out, but it's still windy and not quite 60. Yesterday, to keep up with Rochesterfest Triathlon training, I swam for an hour. I hope I'm making progress on my swim stroke. Judy and I are meeting Shaun bright and early at the pool at 5:30 AM on Wednesday, so I guess I'll find out soon! I can tell when I'm swimming whether I'm doing it correctly, especially breathing. If I turn my head too far to the front, my hips drop and I create drag, just like Shaun said would happen. I'm pretting consistently needing 10 1/2 swim cycles to get across the pool, unless I'm getting tired. Today I spent an hour on the bike. Yesterday morning ran 7 miles. Now I have to put this all together!

Here's http://www.runningroom.com/hm/inside.php?id=3558 a link to the March Running Room eNewsletter. There's a 20% off coupon inside as well as a recipe from me. I can't remember what the recipe is this month. You'll have to check it out and see for yourself! Tom Williamson and Sharon Mulvagh made the cover of this issue! I'm not going to attempt viewing the inside now as I'm on slow dial-up. But I'll check it out when I get home and give you the low-down.

RTC News has not been assembled yet for March. Mike Schmitt is in charge this month as I'm out of town. If you'd like to help, please email him at m_t_schmitt@yahoo.com. Thanks much!


OK...one last lunch salad photo. They've been delicious. I might have to take up this habit at home as well. Usually, it's a sandwich and a piece of fruit.

Today Ada and I went to the Prime Outlet Mall in Ellenton. They're fun to visit. We didn't accomplish our main mission (coffee cups) but had fun anyway.

I'm reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, which was our book club book for February. The whole book is a series of letters. It's a fun read thus far. As a quote for the day, here's a little something from the book, which I've read in another context at some time:

"Is it so small a thing to have enjoyed the sun,
to have lived light in the spring,
to have loved,
to have thought,
to have done?"

Well, see you on the Minnesota roads later in the week. Toodles!

No comments: