Tuesday, March 10, 2009

This, That and The Other Thing

Please read the post below this one regarding a possible road trip up to the cities Thursday evening to view (for free!) the movie Beyond the Epic Run. If you're interested in going and would like to carpool, please email me. A bunch of us went up to watch Spirit of the Marathon and had a great time.

I ran with Jim Martinson and Don Gabrielson yesterday noon. They were at the Y to pick up their cookies. We ran 5K. I decided to ... you guessed it--run it twice for 10K. Jim guessed as much ... He also knows my compulsive tendencies. ;-)


These are the 'hot off the presses' shirts for the Lucky Green 5K Lucky Green 5K on Saturday. Wally said today that he's got about 70 registered, which is great! There's always room for more!

Thank you to the following who have volunteered to help at Fetzer in the last 2 days: Laura Lenz, John Trolander, Carolyn Lam, Marathon Don (Myers), Lisa Pelowski, Steve Strickler, Susan Burriss, Ross Hamernik, Teresa Walter, Ellen Hamernik and sons, Trevor Distad's boys and friends, Jessica and Benjamin Schmitt. Thank you, thank you!

Fetzer shirts have been ordered. I've changed the color (see the sidebar at right). The shirt is heather grey and the sleeves are navy. The artwork colors have been changed appropriately. If you register by 3/23, your name will appear in the background on the shirt!

Chocolate alert: Read this in Midwest Living this morning at the Y. Chocolate March March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 Minnesota and Wisconsin innkeepers in the St. Croix Valley invite you to tour their inns and sample their chocolate mousse, truffles and other delicacies. Admission charged (651/998-0185; innsofthevallehy.com).

Last night's meal with my Cooking Light group was another winner. My favorite dish was probably ... the Banana Bars but everything was delicious. We had some German Eiswein with the Banana Bars. Delightful. There are no persimmons to be had so I used nectarines instead. The dressing was pretty thick but everyone thought it tasted just fine. :-) (Click on the view images link if this isn't displaying. I don't know why it does this at times. Fickle software ...)



I worked at Running Room from 1-4 today. New: New flavor of Power Gel is available in the store ... caramel. New women's Nike ...

and asics ...

and Mizuno ...


Wednesday evening at 6:30 PM Shaun Palmer is willing to give swim stroke advice at the Y. Trevor Distad and I will be there. If you'd like to join us, let me know and I'll meet you at the front desk with a guest pass.

I might add Fool's Five to my race schedule. It's a fun one, a big one, and is a good measure of fitness. The weather is totally unpredictable, however! And it's a good cause ... raising money for cancer research. They've raised a boatload of money over the years. And it's cheap ... only $8 if you don't want a shirt.

Well, I'll leave the rest of my list for tomorrow. I'm going to chill out with the newspaper now.

Thought for the day: "Great works are performed not by strength, but by perseverance." --Samuel Johnson

Ciao.

No comments: