Friday, March 6, 2009

First Things First

Cookies! These are the cookies for after the long run tomorrow at the R.A.C. 7:15 AM Stay around until I get back and a cookie can be yours. The dark ones look kind of like dirt! There's 3/4 cup of Dutch processed cocoa in them and 4 oz. of Callebaut bittersweet chocolate chunks. If you like dark chocolate, you'll like these. Only one egg white in the dark ones, and one egg yolk in the light ones.

Thanks to Mike Schmitt, the RTC News is assembled and awaiting mailing labels so there's no need to get together on Sunday afternoon. Thanks to Wally Arnold, Kevin Torgerson, Chris Kujath, Tom Williamson and Jean Murray for offering to help! We'll get'cha next time. : )

I don't see an online story, but on the front page of the Post-Bulletin tonight is an article about a bridge over highway 14 connecting the new Cascade Lake bike trail with 7th St NW. It's expected to open summer 2010. Good news. Those of us that run make very good use of the extensive trail system in Rochester.

Time to get caught up on some photos. Here are some from my "Yack and Snack" group on Wednesday evening. Good turnout on short notice and we all got something accomplished in addition to yacking and snacking! I knitted a dish cloth.



I'm still in need of lots of vounteers for the Fetzer 20K and 2 mile on April 11. Help is needed for: setup, registration, course marshals, water stops, finish line and cleanup. If you can help out, please email me. Volunteers get shirts and cookies. Thanks much!

While in Florida, we looked at lots of family photos. Many of them are on slides and there are quite a few snapshots as well. I was able to bring lots of the snapshots home with me. I am so thankful to have them. Now I have to decide what I'm going to do with them all. Probably just put them in albums. I can't see myself making the time to do scrapbooks. Here's a favorite from when I was probably about 3 years old:

It's an 11 x 17 and not in very good shape.

Today was another swim/bike day. After running 11 miles yesterday late afternoon, I must say I was toast at the end of this workout! Saw lots of friends at the pool: Wendy Nevala (swimming laps), Margo Stich (hot tub), Lyle Jacobs (hot tub), and Jack who's 83 and still swims laps and walks 70 laps of the indoor track for his workouts!

Saw the lovely Ellen Hamernik at the fitness center. She told me about a locally milled flour that she really likes and comes in 50-lb. bags (!). It's milled in Winona. She's going to trade me some flour for some cookies sometime. Deal!

I got a lead on someone that teaches self defense courses in Rochester. As many of us gals run the bike paths by ourselves, I thought it might be worthwhile looking into an opportunity for a bunch of us to take the class. Judy Weller took it with her daughter and said it contained lots of great information. Stay tuned!

I'll post a few Florida slideshows over the next couple of days. This is the Twins game vs. the Reds on Thursday 2/26 in Sarasota. The Twins won 10-4. It was a picture perfect day for a ball game.


Well, I guess I'll sit down and read the paper now. Hope to see lots of you running buddies at the RAC in the morning. The group runs are always a highlight of my week. Sounds like we could encounter some precipitation tomorrow, the next day, and the next, and the next ... back to winter I guess.

Cheers.

No comments: