Monday, March 16, 2009

Miscellaneous Monday

Well, as promised, I saved all the miscellaneous musings for Monday. Here goes...

Want cookies? Anyone who runs at the Y tomorrow noon is entitled to them. Green M&Ms and chocolate chips in honor of St. Patrick's Day of course. We can all be Irish for a day, can't we?

Here are the photos from the Lucky Green 5K on Saturday.

Larry (Superior Trail ultras, Moose Mountain marathon, In Yan Teopa 10-mile) Pederson (busy guy!) has added another event to the arsenal of ultra trail races that he directs. The Zumbro 100 are 100K and 100 mile races at Zumbro Bottoms on April 10-11. Here's the website.

Trash pick-up around Soldier's Field is scheduled for Wednesday at 5:30 PM. There's a LOT out there and I'm sure the strong south winds today didn't help matters any. Meet at the small parking area across from Snappy Stop. Trash bags provided. Bring your own gloves.

My March issue of RTC News arrived in the mail today. Yours should have as well! :-)

A couple of us are going up to the Human Race 8K on Sunday (race time is 1:20 PM). If you'd like to carpool, let me know.

Fetzer news and notes: Melissa Gacek is running the 20K again this year after taking last year off to run the Olympic Trials in Boston in 2008. I'm happy to have her back! She's an excellent runner from the Twin Cities.And I can still use more volunteers. Let me know if you can help out. Also, if you register by 3/23 your name will be used (repeatedly) in the background of the screen print on the front of the shirt. The RRCA regional championshp plaques have arrived and they're very nice. Open, masters and grandmasters.


Interested in a road trip up to Gear West in Long Lake? One is in the works. Again, let me know if you're interested! There's a Bike & Triathlon store and and a Ski, Run & Soccer store. I'm going to be checking out their wetsuits. I discovered a So You Wanna Do A Triathlon page on their website.

Well, I guess that's it for today. Enjoy the beautiful weather that's again forecast for tomorrow. But I'm sure it won't last. This is Minnesota after all ...

Quote for the day: "The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." --Nelson Mandela

Until next time.

No comments: