Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Inspiration

My nose looks HUGE!!

Finally, today, I had one wonderful workout. And I have no idea where it came from. My running for the last 9 months has been uninspired and uninspiring. I'm just not into it. Sub-par marathons (3:55, 4:01, 3:57). No desire to train hard. No desire to race. And feeling like I'm always injured or borderline injured. I decided after Monday's long, tough run that I have to do something different. So yesterday I swam. I had a good swim. And today I decided to ride. This morning, just before 6, I set out for Salem Corners/Rock Dell/High Forest. Got in 41 miles before work. It was pretty windy and cool. A decent ride. About 4:00 this afternoon I went out again and rode the same course again. Right from the get go I was just on fire. It was windy, but the sun was out and the humidity was quite low. One mile into the ride I saw another rider in front of me. I decided to catch him to see if I knew him. He was wearing a WI Badgers jersey. Didn't know him, but I introduced myself. His name was Jim. I got in front to pull. Pulled all the way to Salem Corners. Turned around. He was about 1/4 mile back. Continued on the loop riding HARD. Just felt like hammering today. I was first going to ride 10, which turned into 30, and then eventually 40 more miles. Even with the wind, I rode hard (not like me!). Where did this come from?? I have no idea. Only ate 90 calories for the whole 81.10 miles and drank 2 full water bottles. Anyway ... it just felt great to have such a good workout. I am now inspired, and hope to better my cycling fitness this summer!



Met Matt Maurer and Joe Moyer on Salem Road.


I booked my flight to NYC for the marathon today. $289.40 round trip/non-stop from MSP to JFK on Sun Country. I thought it was a pretty good price. My friend Jodi booked the same flight. :-) Yvonne is booking her flights from CA today as well. :-)

I heard over the weekend that Weight Watchers now allows one to eat all the fruits and veggies you want for 0 points. So I've been eating LOTS of veggies. When I got home today I must have eaten a half a pound of baby carrots. Gotta drop some weight.

Steve DeBoer has a running anniversary next week. He'll have run a minimum of one mile a day for 40 years. So he's invited a couple of us to run 4.0 with him. I'd be honored. :-)

Anyone want some chives or garlic chives plants? I've got more than I'll ever use in a lifetime. If you want some, just reply to this post.

Well, I'm going to read the paper and call it a day. Going to the cities tomorrow with my gal pals to visit the King Tut exhibit among other things. Should be a fun day.

Good night.

No comments: