Friday, June 17, 2011

Fun Day

I had a fun day yesterday. And I needed that. I started the day by swimming freestyle for an hour. I had a good swim, for me. Again I was taking two strokes per length off my usual count. At half an hour into the swim I decided to time a lap. I hadn't done that in a long time. 1:00 to 1:01. If I could maintain that, it'd be 36 minutes for a mile. I will NEVER be a swimmer ... but I'm going to keep swimming. Then I got on the Stairmaster for an hour at level 18 of 20. What a workout.

I met my friends Jeanne and Mary for lunch at Panera. I had the strawberry poppyseed chicken salad. Delish.


It's always fun to catch up with them. Then I went over to Famous Footwear looking for some (cheap) shoes to go with my bright yellow (clearance) dress. I'm not much of a clothes shopper unless I get a $15-off-a-minimum-$15-purchase coupon from JCPenney, or have some $10-$20-$40 free bucks at GAP from using my GAP Visa, etc. But I really like shopping for shoes. I didn't find anything for my dress, but I found some really fun shoes and boots on the clearance rack. Didn't buy them, but they're fun!! Marni says she has the Fergalicious shoes. :-) It's hard to see in the photo, but there's a bow on back.



I got this totally fun dress at JCPenney the other day. I just love the neckline on this dress. Maybe I SHOULD buy those shoes ... ??


I'll think about it. :-) $25.

Just after 5:00 I left for Byron on my bike to meet up with Jen, Paul and Lucas for a bike ride from the Bear's Den in lieu of running. I wore my fun little biking skirt.



O'Leary thought we should be called Team B.E.D. (Bike/Eat/Drink). I was thinking Team B.R.E.A.D. (Bike/Run/Eat and Drink) might be more appropriate. :-) It was just a beautiful evening and a great night for a ride. I went through Salem Corners and it was 12.26 miles to the Den. Then since the wind was from the W/NW I decided we're ride up county 5 to county 14, down the Genoa hill (always a rush), through Douglas and back to Byron on county 3. I thought it would be about 18 miles so they agreed that sounded good. It was 25.40 according to my bike computer. Sorry guys ... but they not only survived, they did great! It was Jen's first road ride on her new bike and she rocked it. :-) I'm hoping we can do some more of this. Then I rode home after stopping in the Den for some beer and popcorn. I was starving. By the time I got home it was 8:50 PM and I had in 46.13 miles. Then I went out for my daily run. I was pooped!!

Well, I need to get my banana bread out of the oven and decide what I'm going to do for a workout. I was going to ride long tomorrow but it sounds like it might rain so I might do that today instead.

Good luck, and have fun, to all those running in Duluth this weekend!! Just checked the forecast ... 70% chance of rain, high 52 to 57 by the lake. Perfect marathon weather.

Toodles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buy the shoes! They look really cute with the dress! -- marni

Katie said...

Buy the shoes!!!

I love the acronyms for the "team name"!