Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Busy ...

Just too many irons in the fire to post regularly. That's the way it goes some days.

The latest ... Jen bought a bike!!


A Trek from Rochester Cycling & Fitness. I met her there this afternoon and she test rode a few and this beauty got chosen. Yeah!! Can't wait to go riding with her. I think she's pretty excited. :-)

My morning workout: 37.06 miles on the bike. Not nearly as pleasant as yesterday. The wind was stronger, my legs were tired and cramping, I got chased by a dog (southern end of county 3), my chain is jumping, I got stung by a big insect that bounced off my face ... oh well. There will be another day. another ride. Both yesterday and today a car has approached me in the lane I was riding in ... passing a car. Scary. Both days I had to come to a screeching halt. Today, the vehicle being passed was a very long gravel truck.


Yesterday evening was Steve DeBoer's celebration for 40 years of running every day (a minimum of a mile). So a few friends gathered at Soldier's Field for a 4.0 mile celebration run. With the temp at 99 degrees and strong winds, running was something less than pleasurable. But I was very happy to celebrate this milestone with Steve. Congratulations! And may your streak continue another 40 years.





Julie Maxwell also has a streak going. I've forgotten the number of years, but it's more than 30. Here's the video piece that aired on KAAL: http://kaaltv.com/article/stories/S2145961.shtml?cat=10226



The Tuesday night BBQ crew was right next door, so I chatted with them for a while. And had a piece of Liz's amazing graduation cake from Daube's. Congrats Liz! (Her fellowship at Mayo is ending.)


Off to Hangover 2. More later ....

No comments: