Saturday, October 30, 2010

Wonderful!!

What a wonderful way to spend a morning. In the company of so many good friends. Let's see... (front) Pat Ross, John Dockendorf, Ron Stock, Renee Saxman (me!), Boy Zetterlund, Wanda Gau, Kathy Carlson, ???, Edda Kombo, (back) Evan Jones, Dave Carlson, Tag Downare, Monty Steffens, Rick Hlebain, Tim Wolfram, George Bienusa, Brad Berger, Brian Woods, Dave Steffens, Morcelli Kombo, ???, Mark Klaverkamp, Anita Baugh, Al Zetterlund, Buddy Gau, Linda Christen, Daryl Stevens, ???, Gerry Stock, Jay Johnson, Denise Baxter (MIA at photo time) Paul Ford, Cindy Lewandowski, Nikki Bergh, Deb Bemboom, Pam Stevens, Amy Woolsey, Gary Keller, Ronda Danielson, Yvette Dockendorf (taking photo) Bonnie Stock. That's 41!! Wow. Great turnout. (A larger version of this photo is on the River Runner website.)


 Many months ago, Ron Stock (RS) suggested having a joint "RS Turns 50" birthday party in St. Cloud in October as he turned 50 in September and I turn 50 in November.



I thought it sounded like great fun so I said sure!! Today was the day. I took off yesterday heading north on 52/35E/694/94 for St. Cloud.


I arrived at the Stocks at about 7:30 after stopping for a 1/2 turkey sandwich at the Clearwater Truck Stop. Great sandwiches. Mustard, no mayo. :-)


Morning dawned as a beautiful one for a run (that's Wanda) ...




a great turnout ...




delicious (and very plentiful) food.



Thank you Bonnie and Ron for hosting me overnight, and all our River Runner friends this morning. :-)

Deb, me, Amy
Most of us will meet up again in two weeks in NC for the Outer Banks Marathon. Can't wait! The road trip of road trips it shall be!!



Ah ... I almost forgot. There was RUNNING involved! I ran 16.17 miles and it went very well. We/I was running faster than I have of late. I told Gary I didn't think I could hold on when we were running 7:35'ish pace. I went in the house to get another pair of gloves and blow my nose and told him to go on without me. I slowed down a bit after that. But the final miles were right at 8:06 pace every time I looked at my watch. I felt very good about the run. No issues. :-)

After I left Ron & Bonnie's, I went to Crafts Direct (I had a 40% off coupon!) ...


and the Endurunce Shop for a new pair of 2150s. Our race team gets 25% off and I want to support the store.


Well, more than just an RS 50th Birthday Party happened today. Three local ultrarunning stars ROCKED Surf the Murph 50K this morning. Trevor, Andy and Jeff!


Andy got 5th place running a 5:20, and Trevor and Jeff got 6th and 7th running 5:44.


They look GREAT!! I am so proud of them. Trevor said the gaiters worked great. I'm sure the cookies did too. :-) Trevor said the course turned out to be 33.57 miles. 2 miles LONG.

Up for tomorrow ... a bike ride with Bri and Lindsey. 10:30 at the RAC if anyone would like to join us. Then I might go to Oxbow for the 1:00 hike before watching the Vikings. And after having a margarita. :-)

Quote for the day:


Good night.

No comments: