Friday, October 22, 2010

My Kind of Town, Chicago Is ... Calling Me Home

I think those are the lyrics, but I can't rember the rest of the song or who sang it but I'm thinking Mike Douglas. (?) I'm really dating myself. I grew up here, in Downers Grove, and it's been fun being back thought I do NOT miss the traffic. Oh my goodness. It's grown by leaps and bounds since I lived here last.

We spent a wonderful day in the city today and I think we ate our way through it. Let's see ... a piece of leftover Giordano's pizza for breakfast, lunch at the Berghoff , a truffle at Godiva (salted caramel ... it was define and worth the $2 ... yikes), popcorn at Garrett, dinner at Tecalitlan (definitely out of "the loop" in an ethnic neighborhood, but it was very good ... Gino's East had a HUGE line that was growing by the minute).

We rode a water taxi on the Chicago River, saw the city from the Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower), saw the big bean at Millennium Park and walked a whole lot of the city. It's a very bustling, busy, happening town! The weather was wonderful  .... perfect for mid-October. We couldn't have asked for better. Tomorrow is calling for showers.

My camera is dead, and so I am so pix will have to wait. There are a few on Facebook, though.  Good night. :-)

No comments: