Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Windy or What?

I can't ever remember winds so strong as today. I guess the barometric pressure was at an all time low too. I ran 10 miles this morning. I checked wunderground.com at about 6:40 am and it said winds were SW at 1.1 mph. Hmmmm...given the forecast, that sounded a bit off. It was. Big time. But I got 'er done. I was underdressed, though, and my hands were cold. And I was having electronic issues. My GPS is dead, apparently not to be revived. It got just a little bit wet on Saturday morning, but it was not subjected to a downpour. It's been on the charger for 48 hours now, and there were all these weird vertical lines on it yesterday which have since disappeared. I've tried all the button-pushing reset combinations on Garmin.com to no avail. So, no GPS. And I wore my headlamp, which was virtually useless so I eventually just turned it off and wrapped it around my arm. And I wore my iPod which kept going to maximum volume unpredictably and I couldn't shut it off (nothing new). Frustrating.

Social options for Thursday: TriRochester social night at Glynner's Pub at 6:00 pm. All are welcome whether you are a member of the club or not. Team R.E.D.: Check out the Team R.E.D. blog for details.. It's a costume gig with a giving spirit, this should be a blast!   Note: we'll meet slightly later.. 6;15pm .. at the Schmitt residence in Rochester (this is a co-hosted event between the Schmitt's and the Hammers.. thanks for hosting!).  Again, details on the blog at http://byronteamred.blogspot.com/     Routes should go up at the blog on Wednesday.. they will be in the mileage range we are acquainted with.

I'm going to make some gaiters for Andy and Trevor for their trail 50Ks on Saturday. However, the only suitable fabrics I have are pink. Therefore, I'm off to the fabric store for something a little more ... um ... masculine. :-)

After my weekend road trip, I'm a week behind on reading the Post-Bulletin. Argghh ... At this point, I don't know if it's worth going back a week. But I've been a busy bee around the house. Cleaned the Civic and Accord, vacuumed the refrigerator coils, did lots of laundry, vacuumed the edges of all the floors, working on decluttering, ...

I found a bunch of photos from when I was a child this afternoon while going through my closet. It was really fun to look at them. Here are a few ...

Stare down
Me and my grandpa Johnson



I think this is my favorite

I hope to do another Chicago post this evening. I've got lots of pix of points of interest when I was growing up ... my house, which now looks completely different, my schools, my church.

Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sheesh - your abs were ripped even when you were an infant!

Kelly