Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hey there! Another beauty of a day today, though pretty windy. Very windy actually. My day started with a run to the Y, lift (light session ... it took me 50 minutes to drag myself out of bed this morning ... I was sooooo sleepy ...), swim and then run home. I got home, and the roofers were here already and there was a pick-up, a dumpster, plywood and tarps covering the drive and the garage door. I didn't have the heart to ask them to move their stuff, so I decided I'd high tail it to work on my bike. It was chilly, but all good. A bonus workout, turning my day into: run, lift, swim, run, bike, bike. Almost a double sprint tri!!



The roofers did a really nice job and were done in 6 hours. It's a simple roofline, and there were a lot of hands working. I made cookies and offered them all a warm cookie. No one turned me down. : ) It was interesting to listen to their air nailers. They each seemed to have a distinctive pattern when nailing a shingle. Just like voices, fingerprints, ... no two are exactly alike.


More from the BAA: Guy Morse did an interview, almost 8 minutes, addressing the problems and possible solutions for future years dealing with registration/qualification for the Boston Marathon. Speaking of Boston, Tom O' had a brainstorm yesterday ... a satellite marathon in SE MN for those who wanted to run Boston next year but didn't get in. Get the whole scoop on the Team R.E.D. website. Sounds like a lot of fun, and a nice reward for those who qualified but weren't able to register.

John Resman could still use some helpers for the Section 1A Cross Country meet at Northern Hills on Thursday, 10/28. If you can help, please shoot him an email. I'll be there, most likely at the same location I've worked for many years ... tear tags at the finish line.

Team R.E.D. is meeting at the Bear's Den at 6:00 on Thursday. Routes on the R.E.D. website (see paragraph above for the link). Run or walk as you so desire, then head inside for some food/drink and fun. There's still room on the Team R.E.D. bus for the Living History Farms adventure on November 20. The race is filling quickly, so if you're of a mind to go, register right quick! And shoot Tom O' an email letting him you know you want a seat on the bus.

Jim Mason has some pix from Gamehaven for the preview of the Gamehaven True Cross Country Run on November 13. Pix are on his blog too. I sure wish I was going to be in town for this one. I like trail running and would love to support their event.

Good luck to those running Mankato this weekend. Sounds like a chance for rain/T-showers. Hope not. A cold rain wouldn't be much fun. Another run option for Saturday: join the Off-Season Striders at Dunn Bros. on Elton Hills at 7:30. Routes are usually in the 7-8 mile range but feel free to add or shorten as you need to. I was invited to a dinner at a fellow runners home on Saturday but I had to decline because of my road trip. MAJOR bummer. I'd love to be there. : (

I need to catch on my sleep, so I'm going to call it a day.

Sweet dreams.

No comments: