Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Winding down ...

The year is winding down. 2009 has gone incredibly fast. My next post will be a "Year in Review" sort of post, ... today, tomorrow, whenever I get it done. It's been a full year. I wonder what 2010 has in store ...

I ordered a laptop today. My first. I'm excited to get it. That way I can sit in a comfy chair and still be "wired". :-)

Here are the hats for Lace-Up Against Breast Cancer on February 14. There will be some black, some pink. I'm going for pink.

I got an email inquiry today about the Polar Bear Fun Run & Lunch on Saturday. (Map below if you want to run). You DO NOT have to be an RTC member to attend. Everyone is welcome! Please come!! 11:00 AM Saturday, running or not, with lunch provided afterwards. 2026 Kal Lane SW.

Here's the photo of my Norwegian friends, Ann-Kristin and Espen running Chester Woods a couple of years ago. I promised her I'd post it for her. :-) I'm also sending her a calendar.


Packet pick-up for the Resolution Run actually started yesterday. I picked up my jacket this afternoon. They're very nice, fleece this year rather than the "windbreaker" type.



This morning I got up at 4:30. Matt was, unbelievably, just going to bed!! I could not keep his schedule. Apparently, he'd just gotten home at 4:00 AM after hanging out at a friend's house. So, for "breakfast" (at 1:00 PM!!) I made him pumpkin pancakes using a mix from Trader Joe's. I had one too. (I was hungry after my morning workout. More on that in a sec.) Very good.




I did a bunch of baking today, getting ready for everything going on in the next couple of days: trip up to St. Cloud including a breakfast run, post-Resolution Run party, lunch here Saturday. I made some pumpkin bread with chocolate chips and walnuts, "2010" cookies ...


and good 'ol Neiman Marcus cookies, my standby.



Morning workout: I ran down tot he Y, but no one was there to run at 5:15 AM. Not surprising being it's a holiday week. I did see Lisa in the fitness center, but she wasn't running outside. So I decided to lift before going back out to run. Then I ran our "old" Wednesday morning run which we haven't done in a long time. It's been shortened by 4 miles now. Well, my GPS wasn't cooperating so I eventually turned it off. I knew it was about 10 miles. Got back to the Y and swam for 45 minutes (that felt good). Then ran home (total of 14.45 miles after mapping out the course on mapmyrun.com). What a workout! But I feel fine. In fact, I'm going to go out and shovel when I publish this post.

Thought for the day: "You may forget with whom you laughed, but you will never forget with whom you wept." --Anonymous

Until next time, I faithfully remain Ramblin' Renee.

No comments: