Monday, December 28, 2009

A New Week

The Vikings are playing terrible football. It's am embarrassment watching them. So I turned off the TV and decided to post. I vacuumed furniture during the commercials so the time wasn't a total waste.

Not too much to report today. Morning run: 10.03 miles. Slippery. Dark. Windy. But ... I got 'er done without mishap. After work: Purchased all the stuff for Saturday's Polar Bear Run and Lunch here. Jean's bringing the sloppy joes. I'm doing BBQ chicken sandwiches, calico beans, veggies, chips, beverages (water, G2) and cookies. So that's all good to go.

This afternoon, Matt went for a run in SHORTS and a long-sleeved T-shirt. Brrrrrr. I was cold just looking at him. I don't know how he did it. Short socks, too. Crazy kid. But he survived and is apparently none the worse for wear.

Tuesday: Track workout at 5:30 PM at RCTC indoor track. 5:15 warm-up.

BTW: Resolution Run packet pick-up is Thursday during store hours.

I was thumbing through the MDRA annual and noticed some Chester Woods photos, both taken by me I believe! They're both from the back. One is Jim Mason and Lynn Saari. The other is Ann-Kristin and Espen Gjertsen. :-) Jim Mason must have sent them in.

My New Year's Eve plans are changing, weather permitting. I'm going up to St. Cloud and joining a dozen other River Runners for dinner and a few stops at some other local establishments from the sounds of it. It sounded like too much fun to pass up. :-) I'll stay with Donnie and Cindy and return here sometime Friday morning.

Supper tonight: Nothing too exciting. I picked up a cheese pizza at Sam's Club to make Matt happy. :-) I had 1 1/2" of one piece. It was good.


Also had a salad, as I always do, and some winter squash (baked with brown sugar). Delicious.


I got a side of salmon for tomorrow night, and some asparagus to make asparagus soup. Yum.

Soon it will be time to take down my santa decorations and put up snowmen.


I'll leave the santas up for a while yet. I stitched this pillow a few years ago. Was doing a lot of this embroidery stuff then. Not so much any more. BTW: The snowman's nose is all french knots.

Truly was a slow news day. Stay warm. The mercury is supposed to dip below zero tonight.

Quote for the day: "A friend is someone you can do nothing with, and enjoy it."  --Anonymous

No comments: