Friday, December 25, 2009

From My Home to Yours ...

... I hope you had a very Merry Christmas. I enjoyed a few quiet, solitary moments with the Christmas lights this morning. I love the early mornings, the quiet time before the sun comes up and the rest of the world awakens.



An unexpectd knock on the door last night at 9:30 proved to be my son Eric. I was so happy to see him, and so thankful that he was home and safe. He said he drove 40 mph the whole way and saw 7 cars in the ditch, most still occupied with their lights still on. Had I known he had decided to travel, I would have been worried sick.

My niece and nephew Kaleigh and Andrew sure enjoyed their Christmas gifts, and I sure enjoyed having them here.


Just a note about Off-Season Striders: Saturday morning at Dunn Bros. on Elton Hills. Next week, my house for the Polar Bear Fun Run & Lunch, later start than usual. More on that later next week.

Signing off,
Rochester's Ramblin' Renee

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi Renee,
Your Christmas tree is beautiful. I am thinking about doing the Lace Up For Breast Cancer Half in Rochester. Can you tell me if the course is flat and fast? If I run it....it will be my first and I was hoping for an easy flat course. You can click on my blog and get back to me or I will use your e-mail listed in your blog if I don't hear back. I hope all is well!