Thursday, December 17, 2009

Team R.E.D.

What a fun group those R.E.D. folks are!! We (I think I counted 17) met at the O'Leary's where our journey through (hilly) Byron commenced.


Then it was a round about way over to the Melby's where we had snacks and fluids of various sorts. :-)


After a short stay, it was off to Chmielewski's where Annette was surprised with a birthday party by some of her female friends! Happy Birthday, Annette!!


After leaving Chmielewski's, we passed Byron's Fire Station #1. I HAD to stop and get a picture!!


Then we made our way back to the O'Leary's for some delicious chili. Our route was 6.32 miles according to Tom Woo. It was actually a very pleasant evening.


My camera was all fogged up because of the cold. Sorry about that!! Anyway, it was a very fun evening.



This afternoon I made some caramel corn. It's a microwave recipe.


3 quarts popped corn (12 cups)
Nuts (optional)
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. light corn syrup
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla

Put popped corn in a large grocery bag. (I use the double thickness paper freezer bags.) Melt butter; add syrup and sugar. Cook on HIGH for 2 min; stir. Cook 3 min, stirring 3 times. Take out and add vanilla and baking soda. Pour over popcorn in bag. Fold top over twice; shake. Cook on HIGH for 1 min. Shake. Cook another minute. Shake. Cook 30 seconds. Shake and pour onto waxed paper to cool.

This stuff is ADDICTING.

Note: The Rochester Running Room's Resolution Run is full.

Larry Pederson said he's thinking of organizing a Broadway Plaza stair climb event again next year, but just for fun. I'd TOTALLY do it again. Stay tuned for more info.

Heidi Keller Miler of the MDRA is going to send me some of those computer monitor calendars for 2010. Look for them at the Polar Bear Fun Run and Lunch here on January 2.

Off-Season Striders will run at Panera South on Saturday at 7:30 AM. A 9 mile course has been prescribed, but of course you're always free to shorten or lengthen it. I won't be there for this one.

We didn't see anything like this on our run tonight, but it is kind of fun to watch. It's been all over the internet.



Well, that's it for tonight. Good night!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi Renee,

I have to tell you that I have been visiting your blog since maybe a week after the Granite City 5k at Heritage Park in St. Cloud. I went to the St. Cloud River Runners web page to see pictures and results. I clicked on your blog and read it at least two to three times a week. I love your running stories and reports. My co-worker checks out your recipes...both her and her husband are foodies:) Anyway, at the end of November I ran in the Anoka Jingle Bell Run and googled the results, I came across another blog called Junk Miles...written by Heather,who is from Minnesota too. I was so wanting to start a blog so that I could also start to communicate with other runners. Anyway I would love to be a bloggie friend:) I am thinking about running in your Rochester half in Feb:)